Apparently Rogers Network can't keep up with progress.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Apparently Rogers Network can't keep up with progress.

every spring Tim Cook holds a keynote event and he and the team roll out a whole list of new features that Canadians will have to scroll through their settings and turn off. Location Services: Off. Background App refresh: off. Data and Usage diagnostics: off. If like me, you don't want to weasel a wifi password out of every friend you visit, and want to use your phone/tablet in a non-compulsive outside of work way. You want to show a friend a video, download an audiobook. Listen to Apple Music on the way to work; or heaven forbid! At work?? Be prepared to ceiling your data unbelievably fast. Want straight answers about what overage fees will be? Check tthe canary copy of your service agreement you carefully filed away with all the celephane packaging, flyers, service contract, warranty of the screen protector you got the day you bought your phone. Otherwise, scour the myrogers app, Rogers.com, and a mind-boggling number of these discussion forums dated to 1993; when someone asked what the overage fees were for their Motorola edge razor. Finally decide to phone Rogers to listen to a message that regardless of the day/time claims "unusually high call volumes" and you get to listen to a grainy, sputtering rendition of candlight classics-the cd demo you wish you never pressed in the gift section of shoppers drug mart, and a twice-per-minute reminder that the Internet exists and that your answer might be on their website-as if you hadn't started there, and after complete failure had digressed to the ol' rotary phone to talk to some real friendly fella, who asks a dozen security questions, then decides your question is too complicated, then passes you on To his supervisor, who asks you a dozen security questions, both finding that the "internet is down, or they are having network problems...at the same building where apparently internet originates-not a good sign. 

***Added Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apparently Rogers Network can't keep up with progress.

First person to say: "don't wanna pay, don't use the phone as it was designed" gets a Darwin Award.

Re: Apparently Rogers Network can't keep up with progress.

Good evening @sherclelland,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

I understand the inconveniences of the examples described in your post.

We would like to assist you, if you have any specific inquiries.

• Do you need a monthly plan that allows you a greater data bucket?
  • Were we able to answer your questions in regards to your data transmissions overages rate?

Looking forward to your reply! Smiley Wink

RogersMaude