Anyone else's my rogers not working?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Anyone else's my rogers not working?

I've been trying to reserve myself a Iphone 5 since midnight and it still hasn't been working.

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Anyone else's my rogers not working?

You aren't the only one.  I've been trying to reserve an iPhone 5 since 5:30 AM YESTERDAY.  "My Rogers" has been "down for maintenance" (at least for me), since the wee hours of the morning on Friday.

And to make matters better, every time I try to click the iPhone 5 "Reserve" banner and go through the device reservation process, it then tells me it can't complete my request because either I don't have an active wireless account with them (I do), or because they are having technical difficulties.  I've probably tried like 30 times now, and get the same error every time - probably because "My Rogers" isn't working.

Suffice to say, I am not happy with Rogers right now.  I went from potentially being a day one iPhone 5 buyer, to waiting god knows how long, if I ever actually get to reserve the thing in the first place.

Your website is terrible, Rogers.  And before a "helpful" CSR chimes in, I've flushed my browser cache, logged in and out of my account, and tried every other user-end thing under the sun to get it to work.

I'm Here A Lot

Yeah, same problem here.  Well, my cell service is with Rogers but I'm not currently under contract.  The Telus site seems to be working and I'm thinking of just ordering it from there.

I Plan to Stick Around

I am having the same issue. Been trying to reserve one for the last 24 hours. Initially the myrogers would allow me to see my account and since yesterday morning all i get is the Myrogers is under maintenance. I can login and go through the steps to reserve but when i hit the reserve button nothing happens. Still can't access myrogers account information. I valle Rogers a couple of times and they were absolutely no help. I am really pissed of at Rogers since it seems many can use this service and I cannot without any explanation. The Executive group will be getting an email from me.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Last thing I saw last night around 8 pm, some one was in the reservation list at spot 2150. That shows you how many people are trying to do this.

I'm not trying to make excuses, but I bet their web server is SLAMMED. EVen loging into the forums yesterday was painfully slow, due to the volume. Just saying many of these problems could be to the fact the server is overwhelmed.

I just got into the my Rogers fine, can't comment in the reserve tho, as I am not reserving one Smiley Tongue

I Plan to Stick Around

I was finally able to do a reservation. Basically I had to use an older laptop with windows xp and IE8 on it and it worked within seconds just now. I have been trying to reserve on windows 7 IE9 computers and it does not work. I tried it side by side on both machines. Someone posted this in another thread.

I will bet that the people who can't reserve are running a newer windows 7 machine with IE9.

I work as an IT Manager and this would be completely unacceptable web development if this was my group.

I'm still writing an email to the executive group or the Rogers Ombudsman.

I Plan to Stick Around

an update to my previous post.

I can now see the reservations on my IE9 machine that i made. I'm not sure if it was because they were created with my IE8 machine that they are now appearing .

Anyways I reserved 2 phones #5577 and #5614, whatever those numbers mean since when I initially did both within a couple of minutes they were 5577 and 5580. As I was trying things on the IE9 machine I canceled the 5580 reservation and within 15 minutes of creating a new reservation the number on my IE8 was 5614.

The reservation window will show the canceled reservation for the phone.

In any event they may be making progress on the IE9 reservation system and I still don't have access to Myrogers account info.

I Plan to Stick Around

Nickjj is right

YOU CANNOT RESERVE WITH IE 9 - FAIL!

Rogers: Please put this message on the web site when reserving or aleast put it in the FAQs

I'm Here A Lot

Tried on an older machine running XP and IE8 and it's still not working.  Screw it, going to check out Telus.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@nickjj wrote:

an update to my previous post.

I can now see the reservations on my IE9 machine that i made. I'm not sure if it was because they were created with my IE8 machine that they are now appearing .

Anyways I reserved 2 phones #5577 and #5614, whatever those numbers mean since when I initially did both within a couple of minutes they were 5577 and 5580. As I was trying things on the IE9 machine I canceled the 5580 reservation and within 15 minutes of creating a new reservation the number on my IE8 was 5614.

The reservation window will show the canceled reservation for the phone.

In any event they may be making progress on the IE9 reservation system and I still don't have access to Myrogers account info.

The current not being able to get into the myrogers via IE9, it something recent, just since the reservation.
I regularily go into there from both and home and work, usualy daily.  You normaly can get into there with IE9, so this is just not a regular development thing.. its something else specific with this reservation thing, i think.

Though in the long run.. it doesnt suprise me.  Not just rogers, but ANY developer in general.  I work as a Sr Systems Admin.. and i have to keep some specific machines running at only a certian level.  One HR machine has to be on a system that can run IE6 to be able for them to access this one specific HR entry site.. does not work on any higher.
I have a few that need IE7, etc... many developers just dont want to WORK to change it to work with the new browswers, since its running fine.