These are steps to pair and unpair an Apple Watch to an iPhone. You need to have an iPhone 6, SE or newer and the latest version of iOS. Your iPhone must have Bluetooth "on" and be connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. Unpairing the Apple Watch does not cancel the Smartwatch plan.
How to Pair Your Apple Watch to an iPhone
Note: If the camera does not work for the viewfinder, go to apple.ca for the manual pairing process.
1. Turn on your Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo. This may take a few minutes.
2. Put on your Apple Watch. 3. Hold you Apple Watch and iPhone close together.
4. Wait for the “Use your iPhone to set up this Apple Watch” message to appear on your iPhone. 5. Tap continue. 6. Hold your iPhone over the animation.
7. Hold your Apple Watch up to the camera. 8. Centre the watch face in the viewfinder on your iPhone. 9. If the camera does now work for the viewfinder, direct them to apple.ca for the manual pairing process.
You will get a message once the Apple Watch and iPhone are paired.
How to Unpair Your Apple Watch to an iPhone
Important: Upairing the Apple Watch erases all data and restores it to factory settings. Unpairing the Apple Watch does not cancel the Smartwatch plan.
1. Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together, as you unpair them. 2. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. 3. Hold you Apple Watch and iPhone close together.
4. Wait for the “Use your iPhone to set up this Apple Watch” message to appear on your iPhone. 5. Tap continue. 6. Go to the My Watch tab and tap your watch at the top of the screen. 7. Hold your Apple Watch up to the camera.
8. Centre the watch face in the viewfinder on your iPhone. 9. Tap "i" next to the watch that you want to unpair.
10. Tap unpair Apple Watch.
11. Tap again to confirm.
• You might need to enter your Apple ID password to disable Activation Lock. • Before erasing all content and settings on your Apple Watch, your iPhone creates a new backup of your Apple Watch. • You can use the backup to restore a new Apple Watch.
Wi-Fi Calling lets you make and receive phone calls, plus send and receive text messages, wherever you have a Wi-Fi connection.
Looking to set up the Wi-Fi Calling feature on your phone? Do you have a compatible iOS device? Well you are in luck.
Check out this helpful How To video to learn how.
First, make sure your iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Tap the Settings icon, scroll down then tap the Phone icon.
Under Calls, tap Wi-Fi Calling and slide the "Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone" switch to the On position.
And you’re done! Wi-Fi calling is now ready to use