voice to text - galaxy s5

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I just got the Galaxy S5 and can't seem to figure out how to get the voice to text working. I live by this function and used it daily with my Galaxy S2 so I am losing my mind that I can't find it on the s5. Any ideas ? ! I am about ready to return the phone if for some reason this is no longer an option. The phone is from Fido so I would think it should be the same as the same phone from Rogers.

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: voice to text - galaxy s5

Hello meakah,

When you open the keyboard in a message you should have a little microphone icon, when you tap on that icon you would be able to then dictate the text 🙂

Thanks,

RogersAndrewNP

Update: 

Samsung also has S Voice which is their voice recognition application,

this might help: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/howtoguide/N0000005/16585/225462/SM-G900TZKATMB

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello meakah,

When you open the keyboard in a message you should have a little microphone icon, when you tap on that icon you would be able to then dictate the text 🙂

Thanks,

RogersAndrewNP

Update: 

Samsung also has S Voice which is their voice recognition application,

this might help: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/howtoguide/N0000005/16585/225462/SM-G900TZKATMB

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Enthusiast

Do you still need internet access for this feature?
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I think I figured it out. You have to hold down the button to the left of the space bar until some icons pop up. .... one is a microphone. Def not a fan of this change nor the extra step to access punctuating. .. pain in the butt! Anyhow, thanks for your help.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

So for some reason, my voice to text has stopped working. The little microphone button that is usually on the keyboard has just dissappeared and I have no clue why.  Any suggestions that could help me fix it?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello theNEDfiles

Have you checked in your keyboard settings to see if u checked it off my accident or have u installed a third party keyboard?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Press and hold on the button that held the microphone button. You should be able yo switch back to microphone function again

Highlighted
I've Been Around

My microphone has disappeared too, and when I bring up the button settngs where you type the microphone is not an option.  Help???

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I've just switch from Galaxy s4 to s5. I ran into the problem as follows:

i cannot get the GLOBE icon to appear on the key board so I can switch between 2 languages when

I need to use the VOICE TO TEXT function as available on the S4.

I can switch from one language to the other via the space bar which I normally press the GLOBE key on the S4.

Any help to overcome this nuisance soonest is greatly appreciated. I've exhausted all resources.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same problem. It used to be there but now it's gone. I do not have the microphone icon in my settings box.
I need it back so where did it go or why did it disappear?