cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlock code doesn't work

readyyoung
I've been here awhile

i requested from rogers to unlock my samsung s3 phone, but the unlock code they have given didn't work. after i tried for several times, i called them again and said to me that i need to call them again tomorrow because they can't access my profile. So, i called again the next day and said to me that i need to wait for an email from them for instructions (which they said it wont take long to come), but the whole day is done but no email came. Again, the next day i called and now they told me to just keep trying it until it works... So it's been 3 days already trying to unlock my phone but the code just simply wont work. anyone please help.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: unlock code doesn't work

readyyoung
I've been here awhile
My phone is now unlocked! thanks to rogers staff for the help although it took days, what matters most is that problem is solved. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @readyyoung

It seems like the code is not valid for the device you have. I would contact Roers via Live chat, Facebook.com/Rogers or if @CommunityHelps can help you out & get this resolved. Sadly no one can give you another code on the forums.

readyyoung
I've been here awhile

i tried the live chat but they can't help they will just simply say call rogers

Good evening @readyyoung,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

We have reviewed your post and definitely want to take a closer look at this situation.

We might have the ability to help you. However since the unlocking of a device requires access to your account we would have to get in touch with you directly.

I'll have our @CommunityHelps  team reach out to you, so we can assist with this.

Look out for the Private Message in your inbox !

RogersMaude

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @readyyoung

Hopefully the Rogers Media team & @CommunityHelps can help you out more!

@RogersMaude Thank you for replying back & offering help!

readyyoung
I've been here awhile
thank you!

readyyoung
I've been here awhile
My phone is now unlocked! thanks to rogers staff for the help although it took days, what matters most is that problem is solved. Thanks again!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @readyyoung

Glad everything worked out!!!

Please Im from Ecuador and buy a phone in canada, but I dont have a unblock code to my phone work in my country, please help me

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @CarlosGT

Sadly there is not much we can do down here. The Phone is locked to Rogers so your only option is to have it unlocked via a third party store or online. Rogers can not do anything.

aleksaNS
I've been around

Hi,few days ago i buy a unlocked iPhone 5s from a guy,he said that he unlocked iPhone with rodgers.
Yesterday i reset iPhone to factory settings and its get locked again. I would like to know why this hapend.

He may not have had it unlocked through us directly. When Rogers unlocks a device, and the factory reset is done, it stays that way. If he had it unlocked through a third party, then the factory reset may have cleared whatever they had done to it and re-locked the phone. You should contact the person if you can and ask them if they had it unlocked by contacting customer service and doing so. If he didn't, the two of you might have to work something out because someone will have to pay an unlocking fee.

Samsung Galaxy S3 and LG G4 unlock code not working

Hey,

I have a Samsung S3 and a LG G4 and I've been trying for days to get my phones unlock, but both code given by Rogers are just not working. They is a max of 10 attempt on the LG and I am at the 7th attempt. I don't want to brick the phone.

The CS are just throwing the monkey to each other.  I pretty fed up with the service...

Hello @el_pablo!

Welcome to our Community!

An unlock issue such as this isn't something our other users will be able to help you with. I apologize for the trouble you've been having in trying to get this unlocked.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps so we can look into this for you. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Xopookie23
I've been here awhile

Hi I have a cellphone Samsung S7, I'm having the same problem and I tried 3 different codes they gave me and still won't work and also reset the code and tried again nope doesn't work I've been on this mission for almost 3 weeks

Hey @Xopookie23 

Welcome to the Rogers Community forums :). 

I know having the ability to use your device on different networks can be convenient. 

After trying so many codes you are still not having any luck, not to worry, we may be able to assist. 

The unlocking of a device requires access to your account and we would need for you to contact us via sending us a Private message @CommunityHelps

For more information on our Private Message system, take a look at this page.

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

RogersAli 

kenitaya
I've been around

I talked to Telus and they told me to get the code from Rogers and bring it to them to unlock. I did that and they inserted one of their sim cards and unlocked it for me. No charge. Telus does that for everybody as it is no big deal.

braidster1
I plan to stick around

Rogers also does that free now...this post originated three years ago.

Vanv
I've been here awhile

Samsung S3 will not unlock with code

Looking for some help please.

I am trying to unlock a Samsung S3 and the unlock code is not working.

I recently closed my Rogers account that was open for over 20 years, now I cannot call support

because I no longer have a account.  

Can anyone assist ?

Thanks,

Heather

Good evening @Vanv,

Welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear you're no longer with the company. I know how convenient it is to have an unlocked phone. I see you've reached out to us via PM. Hopefully the resolution we provided has resolved the issue for you🙂.

RogersZia

PLEASE HELP! I've tried everything to unlock my Rogers phone...nothing works.

Hello I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 that I want unlocked. I contacted Rogers several times including technical support.  They provided me with the unlock code and even the Samsung manufacturers master key code and both did not unlock the phone.  I contacted Samsung and they gave me the same unlock codes Rogers did.  They suggested I go to a walk in and have it unlocked for a fee. 

I had changed providers and used a non Rogers Sim card as instructed but no success.  I restarted the phone with the new Sim Card and also did a factory reset.  No luck.  Message still says invalid network code.  It's very frustrating.  I've tried everything.  Rogers tech support said they've done all they can, the phone can't be unlocked.  There was no other help they could offer. They told me to contact Samsung....no help as well.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks

Topic Stats