text message every time I get a voicemail

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: text message every time I get a voicemail

This is not a solution and the problem is not solved. This is a redundant and ridiculous feature that most people do not want and you cannot shut it off it's silly
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello, when someone leaves a voice message, a voicemail icon appears in the notifications bar AND I also receive a text message telling me I got new voicemail. Is there a way to disable the text message option ? thanks.

Highlighted

Hello, @Jim76

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. I can certainly understand your position, the notification icon and the text message for the new voicemail may be repetitive. At the moment, the text message option can't be disabled. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

Can you breakdown the steps of how to "turn off the Voicemail Notification in the personal options of your Voicemail".

I can't find the setting on my phone and the menu on my voice mail doesn't give me that option?

Help!!  The extra e-mail notification has been annoying me for too long.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @djbug,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

I understand some customers may find the feature to be redundant and wish to have it disabled. Regrettably, as @RogersMoin mentioned in the post just above yours, the text message notifications can not be disabled at this time. 

Were you able to try the work around provided by @thegregdoyle in his post , #20?

RogersCilio

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I looked at the work around by @thegregdoyle however "phone" doesn't show up as an app so that option wasn't available to me.

I turned all notifications options off from my rogers voicemail (call voicemail and go thru menus).  No notifications isn't great but it is much less disturbing then getting multiple notifications.

Thank you,

djbug