I've Been Here Awhile

Why are we not getting this phone?

***edited labels***

13 REPLIES 13

Re: sony Z5 premium

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @eaglebarr2002

Unfortunately you won't get the answer you are looking for. Rogers will announce if and when they will carry a device at the right time. Until the we don't know.

eaglebarr2002
I've Been Here Awhile
Bell announced they are carrying it.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @eaglebarr2002

Yes they did. Seeing as its a exclusive device just for Bell, unfortunately Rogers won't be able to get it unless the Bell exclusive rights are for 90 days.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/10/20/bell-xperia-z5-october-29/

eaglebarr2002
I've Been Here Awhile
How can I find that out. They announced the Z5 but not the premium.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @eaglebarr2002

You would need to contact Bell as that information is not available. Unfortunately if the exclusive rights are out for the Z5, no matter what model it is, Bell has rights for the whole Z5 line unless Sony releases the others out.

No word until something gets announced by Sony or Bell.

eaglebarr2002
I've Been Here Awhile
Thanks

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @eaglebarr2002

You are welcome!

That's too bad. I really want to get a good compact smartphone as my contract is up.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @georand11

Yeah unfortunately it's all up to the exclusive rights for it which Bell paid for to have it.

Hibby21
I've Been Around

I am wanting the sony Z5 premium, i know it is being sold thru Bell right now and am debating on switching to get it. I am happy with Rogers though and hoping this phone comes to rogers.

Does anyone know if this was a timed exlusive with Bell? I noticed the word "exlcusive" is noticable missing in the advertising of it on their network

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Hibby21

They do not need to write " exclusive " all the time. It seems to be for a longer period of time though. Unfortunately you wont get the answer you are looking for.

LugNut42
I've Been Around

Can we please get an update on this Topic?    It's been 90days or so since Bell Launched the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium.    That should be more than sufficient time to ensure adoption from Bell members who are only with Bell for the phone....now it's time to let Rogers Members get this phone.  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @LugNut42

There is no update on the topic. As said above Bell has a exclusive right for the device. It can be a 90 day or longer. Contact Bell for that info. Rogers can not share any info they do not have & is not allowed to be posted publicly as you may know.

Rogers can not do anything until that right with Bell is over & Rogers has a agreement in place with Sony. Until that day comes, i am, afraid no updates or info will be posted. 

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation