returning broken tablet to Assurion under buyer protection plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lovecats
I'm Here A Lot

returning broken tablet to Assurion under buyer protection plan

My 10-inch Galaxy Tab S somehow took a blow to to the corner of the screen, and the screen cracked. Okay, I have the device protection plan, I called in and got the replacement - for 260 bucks, but that is better than buying a new one. The replacement came in like 3 days with a little return envelope to return the damaged device to them. Only problem is the envelope is rather obviously for a 7-inch tablet. I have talked to Assurion and they said they would correct the error but it has been a week and a half now. I am not going to pay the extra 400 bucks for failure to return the device. If necessary I will take a hacksaw to the damaged tablet and fit both halves into the tiny envelope.

Any thoughts?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
lovecats
I'm Here A Lot

Re: returning broken tablet to Assurion under buyer protection plan

I finally got the correct envelope, and they have the broken tablet. No billing issues so far. ::knock wood::

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @lovecats

Contact Assurion again and have them leave a note on ur account which said that it will take a week to get the envelope and send it back. Get a Interaction ID number or the reps name and number if u can.

This happened to me 2 years ago and took them 3.5 weeks to get my device back to them. Didn't say much or get charged.
lovecats
I'm Here A Lot

I finally got the correct envelope, and they have the broken tablet. No billing issues so far. ::knock wood::

View solution in original post

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @lovecats

That's great to hear!!:)