oppo find 7 international can't connect to 4G

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

oppo find 7 international can't connect to 4G

Hi I recently bought the oppo find 7 international version which does support 4G LTE band 7 (2600MHz) but for some reason, I can only connect to 3G not 4G. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: oppo find 7 international can't connect to 4G

Sorry I posted this on the wrong forum lol
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello karlenchow

You posted it in the right forum! As for your question, 4G unfortunately won't run on that device using the Rogers network. You will be stuck on EDGE and 3G.
I've Been Here Awhile

I recently purchased an OPPO find 7 (US version) and the phone diplays 4G.  My previous phones with rogers shows "LTE"  are these the same? 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello MrTummis

They are not the same unfortunately. 4G on Rogers is HSPA+ ( 4G). LTE will display as LTE. Rogers has just changed the name to 4G meanwhile it's not really 4G.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for the clearfication.  Much appreciated.  

This means I'm running 4g not LTE on my OPPO Find 7, but I was certian that it would run LTE with the US version.  The APN settings I have are the below, would you happen to know if it is correct to run LTE?

Name Rogers internet LTE
APN: ltemobile.apn
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 720
Authentication type:
APN type: default,mms,supl (Internet+MMS)

I've Been Around

Hi. I went in to Rogers yesterday with my Oppo Find 7 US version. I was coming from an iPhone 4S so I needed 4G/LTE enabled on my SIM (just got a new one) plus to verify the APN settings I've been trying.

My icon now says "4G" where before it would only alternate between "3G" and "H+". I've run the Speedtest app to compare with a friend on an iPhone 5 with MTS. We were at the Brodie Centre and both had download speeds of 20mbps+.

The Rogers rep I dealt with said the icon will come up as "4G" and utilize full "LTE" speeds (not HSPA+ renamed as 4G).

Here are my APN settings:
APN: ltemobile.apn
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS proxy: mmsproxy.rogers.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 720