mms over wifi

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: mms over wifi

Disabling wifi calling fixed the problem. 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

What happened to MMS over Wi-Fi?

Hi, I recently bought a Note 10 Plus and I can't send or receive MMS over Wi-Fi, I always have to turn my Data on and have it gobble up my precious MB. My previous phone was a Pixel XL and I had it set to use Wi-Fi. Have I been screwed by switching to the Note 10 Plus or does anyone know if the settings can be changed?

Highlighted

Good afternoon @Dethtung!

Welcome to our Community.

Do you happen to still have your Pixel XL? I'm curious to see you swap SIMs back into your Pixel XL if the issue will persist or not.

In this way, we can figure out if it's a device-specific issue or an issue within our network.

Regards

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I cannot open vidoes or photos sent from iphones to my android. Is that normal?

Highlighted

Hey @Jannacooper77!

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with MMS! Can you provide us with a bit more information? Is this over WiFi vs Data? Is it occurring in a specific app? What are the software versions and models of the devices being used? Have you tried clearing the messaging app cache in the settings?

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I'm having the same problem as OP, can't send or receive MMS while WiFi is on. Including group texts and images/videos. I tried creating a new APN with the information given here but nothing has changed.
Highlighted

Hello and welcome to our Community @Aspina9!

I'm Corey and I'm one of your friendly neighbourhood mods on staff today. 🙂

How long has this issue been ongoing? Did it ever use to work? If it did, do you recall the approximate date that you first noticed that it was no longer working?

Would you mind sharing which model phone and OS version you're using? Before I can offer any assistance, I need to know what I'm working with.

Thank you! 

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Having an issue with messages not sending lately. Seems to happen sometimes to me but quite often on my wife's phone. Messages won't send all the time unless she's connected to wifi.

We don't have a data plan and are using the default Android messaging app. Never had a problem until maybe a month or two ago.

Any ideas?

Highlighted

Hello @SATANBMF!

Welcome to our Community!

Is this issue happening only when you're trying to send texts from within your home or is it happening potentially anywhere you use your devices? 

Please let us know. Depending upon your answer, I'll know how to tailor my troubleshooting going forward.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, this happens anywhere but seems to happen more commonly away from our home (and Internet connection). Our phones are both Androids (different models), and still relatively new. We don't have data but in the settings we have data turned on (otherwise we can't send or receive picture messages. Thanks