lollipop on S5

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

lollipop on S5

Any ideas when we will see the update with rogers? I understand the HTC and something else started seeing the update, how about the s5?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: lollipop on S5

Hello Johnnyballs

Unfortunately there is no information yet on when the S5 will get it. Once Rogers knows, they will update the "OS Upgrade Schedule" thread with the update. You can check every so often and see when it's been update with that information.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ok will do thanks, and where do I find this (os upgrade schedule)?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Johnnyballs

Taking a look at the schedule it says "Coming Soon" but still no ETA. Check back sometime this week or next week.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/html/assets/OsUpgrade.html

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hello, so today I was talking to one of samsung's employee's and they confirmed that the Android 5.0 update is already availiable for update in Canada; we tried updating but it says that 4.4.2 is the latest update... Does anybody now know when the S5 will get updated? From further research, no other canadian carrier has their s5 updated to 5.0..

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello eddiethefunnyon

Unfortunately it's not available yet. The rep confirmed it is BUT it's up to when the carriers release it. The rep did not inform you properly it seems and miscommunicated the information. As you can see on the "OS Upgrade Schedule" thread Rogers has made it says February / March. This means it could possibly come out before the end of February or in March. There is no actual ETA on the date. It come out within this two months.

Also as u said no other Canadian carrier has released the Lollipop update for the S5. This is another indication that the Samsung rep did not inform you with the correct information.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Ok, thanks for the help!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello eddiethefunnyon

You are very welcome! 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

Time for rogers to change their update page, only been showing the update for feb/Mar for almost a month. Leave it to rogers to take their sweet time.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Johnnyballs

Agreed they need to take down the " Feb" part & leave it as March. I have heard that it should come out sometime this week. This is just something i heard so i do hope it does.