lollipop on S5

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: lollipop on S5

Hello eddiethefunnyon

Then just give it a few hours or a day. It will come automatically. Soemtimes it needs time. That's allm

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Thanks for the help so far Smiley Happy I will notify you if it says 5.0.2

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: S5 Lollipop Version?

Frankly I wish I hadn't taken the update to my s5. New notifications that can't be removed for power saving mode and restrict background data - I know those are on, I turned them on myself, stop yelling at me about it!  

The worst by far is the volume bug. System sounds at their quietest are now louder than my ringtone at it's loudest. My speaker goes audibly fuzzy under the stress of the volume every time my finger touches the phone unless I totally disable system sounds. Throw in some totally unwanted rogers crap extras ie NHL and CityVideo that can't be uninstalled - just an all around dissapointment. 

And yes Rogers, I know who I'm paying for my wireless service - I don't need your name added to the lock screen.

I've Been Around

Hello,

I have an S5 and I am still running KitKat 4.4.2 but everytime I go to check for updates, it tells me that I already have the latest update installed. I would love to try Android Lollipop 5.0.2 so could you please help me? I installed Kies and it also tells me that my firmware is up to date.

Thanks,

Kevin

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I updated my S5 to Lollilop yesterday now the notification light for email, messages, missed call and the alarm does not work. Why did Rogers not fix this known issue from US providers such as Verizon, et al.?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jadoogar

Download Flowlight and use that. Soemtimes it's the OS causing issues. Also do a factory reset to see if it will fix it

I gave my phone a couple of days but it still says 5.0 instead of 5.0.2? Why is this?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello eddiethefunnyon

You might need to do that update in order to get the new one. This is what i have heard from others.

I checked for update but it says I have the latest version. The build is: LRX21T.G900W8VLU1BOC1

I Plan to Stick Around

There is no 5.0.2 ... its an error in their os update site.  S5 is sitting on a 'fixed' 5.0 which may or may not have fixes from 5.0.2.

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G900W8/RWC/