lollipop on S5

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: lollipop on S5

Anyone having an error when its installing the software update? I have been trying since 740pm and keep getting an error 😕

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello J_A_M

Yes u have i have noticed that many on Mobilesyrup and other sites are saying the same.. It could be something internal causing it.. Keep trying and see
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey yea I been trying since 740 pm EST. will continue to try for another hour. Perhaps the servers are over loading and thats why the error is there. I remember when i had my iphone it happen a couple of times.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello J_A_M

It could be that and also it could be happening due to the blackouts and power outages the city is having ( if u live around or in the GTA)
I Plan to Stick Around

So I go to my phone and check, says my software is up to date and still showing android 4.4.2. Any thoughts on how I get 5.0. Samsung Galaxy s5
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jmatties

Have you tried connecting it to Samsung Kies to see if it shows it there? Have u done a factory reset on the device to see if that will show u it?
I've Been Here Awhile

Lollipop for Galaxy S5

I just saw that Galaxy S5 has now Lollipop upgrade on Roger OS Update page.

I dont know how to upgrade it though..

can someone help?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Lollipop for Galaxy S5

Hello stus914

You have to go into Settings - About - Software Update - Update.

You can also download Samsung Kies on your computer and once it's installed, plug in ur smartphone on the computer and it will show you it there too.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for replying:)

I tried that and tried kies too, but it says my software is up to date, which is 4.4.2 ....

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello stus914

Give it a few hours or check tomorrow and see. Sometimes it happens with some will get it and others will get it hours or days later.