htc m8 android update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

htc m8 android update

Any rumours about when we'll see the Android 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 updates on our Rogers phones?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: htc m8 android update

Hello christalweb

Unfortunately at this moment there isn't any information when Rogers will release this update. It should happen soon tho. Stay tuned or look on Mobilesyrup or Rogers " OS Upgrade Schedule" thread.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for a response Meowmix but that's not a very encouraging response.

Based on the OS upgrade thread there are no plans to upgrade the M8 at all. And all I hear on sites like Mobilesyrup is how the majority of the US carriers have started releasing the upgrade or have at least reviewed and approved it. Many UK carriers have the upgrade being sent out.

I suspect that I'll have unlocked the bootloader and rooted and maybe even have Android L on this new M8 before Rogers makes any announcement.

That's kinda sad, huh?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello christalweb

The OS Upgrade Schedule thread is made that once Rogers is done their testing and about to release it, they post it on there. They won't say anything or post anything until they know the testing it done and ready for it.

That is because some carriers in the states and Europe dont need to get involved other then testing. This is one reason why they get it faster.

I do see your point tho.
I've Been Around

The 4.4.3 update for Rogers on my HTC One M8 phone came out yesterday.

I updated but haven"t noticed any change,

Does any one know what the improvements were.?

I've Been Here Awhile

Yeehaa

I got the upgrade today. So much for the OS upgrade thread.

Differences - improvements??

mobile network, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth performance optimization, all security upgrades from Android 4.4.4.

HTC Sense has been tweaked as well. Boomsound, Extreme Power Saving Mode, Motion Launch, and the Quick Setting menu have all been optimized.

The upgrade also includes updates for the native HTC apps. They include the camera, the image gallery, the settings menu, as well as HTC Sync Manager

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello christalweb

Glad to see it came out! Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

Any body who had downloaded this update had any performance issues? I would like to download it but I am put off because I've heard battery performance is worse... I think I'll wait till "Android L" comes out... If any body can share their experiences good and bad of the HTC ONE M8 update (4.4.3) I'd appreciate it...Thanks
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mwake

When i had the HTC one m8 and did the update, battery life seemed better and the phone ran a bit smoother then it did before.

Please do remember, everyone using the device has different opinion and usage so battery life will be different with everyone.