galaxy s6 dropped calls

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: galaxy s6 dropped calls

Hi @RogersAsif. We get dropped calls regardless of location unfortunately. Sometimes there's noisy interference on the calls too. We don't have a landline at home and we really do rely on our cells. 

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @Leslie0568

If you are having an issue everywhere you go, it would not be related to the towers. It is most likely an issue with the devices. Have you had them checked out at a store?

RogersNicole

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi @RogersNicole. As I said in my OP, my husband went to the Rogers store where we bought the phones and he was told that he needed to talk to Rogers direct. The 'customer service' guy he spoke to on the phone was no help. 

Here's part of the problem with dealing with Rogers (and a lot of other big companies too). Guy at store says talk to Rogers, guy at Rogers says talk to the store... nobody wants to just step up and deal with it.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@Leslie0568

Sorry to hear about the miscommunication. I presume that store meant you need speak with Technical Support, as customer service doesn't have the tools to properly troubleshoot the issue. If the Tech on the phone deems the issue due to hardware failure he would direct you to a store to send the device in for repair.

It's a little odd that both devices are having dropped calls everywhere. You would be connecting to different towers in different areas so the issue is not network related. If for example you are having majority of the service disruptions in your house that's a different case.

There's always a possibility that both devices have a faulty antenna. We would need you to run through some troubleshooting steps such as trying new sim card, resetting the network settings, running a factory reset on the device & so on. If the issues persist we would suggest you send in the device for repair.  To find a store that participates in the repair program view our store locator linked here.

You can also speak with Samsung directly by using the Samsung Service Locator linked here. Some locations may be able to offer an on-site repair.

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Just out of curiosity, do you have VoLTE (voice over LTE) enabled? If so, can you try turning it off and testing phone calls again? You can turn it off on the phone settings (From the dialer, hit the more menu on the top right, then settings), the go to VoLTE, and set it to "do not use VoLTE".
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi. No, our phones aren't using VoLTE. I sure wish it was that simple!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Terribly frustrating. Just spent 10 minutes on a call with my husband, him in the house on his cell me on landline at work. Lost him 7 times in one call. So I'm supposed to go spend money on new sim cards to see if that works? Maybe I will check out Samsung to see if someone there has an idea. Or just toss these pieces of junk and fire up the old Nexus.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@Leslie0568

I can understand the frustrationSmiley Sad I see you mentioned your husband was at home, are you sure this issue in not localized to your home?

Firing up the Nexus would be a good test. Please try using it when you are home for the day if possible. If you don't have an issue, then it would cause of the issue would be your Samsung device. 

Keep me updated, I'd like to help.

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

As I said before @RogersAsif we never had this issue with the Nexus or the iPhones so it must be the Samsung. We did, however, turn off the VoLTE as suggested by @GibMcFragger and it appears (so far) that the problem has (hopefully) been solved. Thanks @GibMcFragger!

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Awesome! I've seen a few complaints of dropped calls on VoLTE, that's why I asked.

I think that if the signal isn't great, I'll drop the call instead instead of switching to non VoLTE. I'm not sure it even can switch over while on a call.