galaxy s6 dropped calls

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

galaxy s6 dropped calls

I am having major issues. My calls are dropping like crazy. I have 4g and full bars and they still drop. I read online to turn off mobile data and calls will work. I did that and I am okay with my calls but now I have no data. Pls help.
Ps. I called rogers and they don't know what to tell me.
Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: galaxy s6 dropped calls

Hello @mvrakela

Have you tried going to your local Rogers store to see if they can swap out the sim card with a new one and see if that will fix it? Also which location are u in?. I assume you already updated your device with the most recent update and also have made sure that u don't have any apps blocking anything.  You don't need to turn data off in order to use the device. Something else is the issue here. 

I never had issues on my S6 Edge with dropped calls. If the issue keeps happening, try to do a network reset Rogers over the phone and a factory reset on the device. If it keeps happening then, it might be a fairly device.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @mvrakela

No data! I don't think that this would work for me either. 

I would like to try and help.

Your s6 is it a Rogers locked device or is it an unlocked device?

Do you have the most recent update?

What type of SIM card are you using?

Thanks

RogersAliciaG

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mvrakela

Have you tried going to your local Rogers store to see if they can swap out the sim card with a new one and see if that will fix it? Also which location are u in?. I assume you already updated your device with the most recent update and also have made sure that u don't have any apps blocking anything.  You don't need to turn data off in order to use the device. Something else is the issue here. 

I never had issues on my S6 Edge with dropped calls. If the issue keeps happening, try to do a network reset Rogers over the phone and a factory reset on the device. If it keeps happening then, it might be a fairly device.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

My s6 edge does this too. Around the 20-30 minute mark if a call, the person on the other end can't hear me but i can hear them. I have sent my phone in to Samsung and they did a full once over with the hardware and found nothing.
When i contacted Rogers about this they told me not to use LTE.
Seriously. ..i spent a lot of money on this phone, i would think it should at least function as a phone.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Punqewe138

Not going to say much but this is technology. Some are lemons but i do wonder why it's not working on LTE? I have contacted many that I know which had the issue and the last update fixed it but again this might not be for everyone.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

This is my 2nd S6 on rogers on my 2nd sim card. Still call drops are frequent and phone switches to emergency calls only and no network. I'm a brand new customer and not sure where to go from here...
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm having issues also, did Rogers repair your phone, or replace the phone?

Sometimes I'll pull my phone out and it'll say "emergency calls only" I have to restart the phone then it gets reception. I also get missed calls and text's that don't send\receive.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers replaced the phone. I went in today and they said they could try "resetting the network" which involved calling someone technical and powering off the phone. I'll try it for a day or two to see if anything changes.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I also regain network connectivity after a reset when I find myself off the network.
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @thedan,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

We definitely understand the inconveniences of you loosing your service, so far I see you have replaced both the phone and SIM card. If you notice after a day or two the issue has returned, please let us know and we'll have someone reach out to you from the @Cormer Forums team via Private Message, so they can look into the details of your issues.

Regards,
RogersArthur