cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy s6 dropped calls

mvrakela
I've been around
I am having major issues. My calls are dropping like crazy. I have 4g and full bars and they still drop. I read online to turn off mobile data and calls will work. I did that and I am okay with my calls but now I have no data. Pls help.
Ps. I called rogers and they don't know what to tell me.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: galaxy s6 dropped calls

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @mvrakela

Have you tried going to your local Rogers store to see if they can swap out the sim card with a new one and see if that will fix it? Also which location are u in?. I assume you already updated your device with the most recent update and also have made sure that u don't have any apps blocking anything.  You don't need to turn data off in order to use the device. Something else is the issue here. 

I never had issues on my S6 Edge with dropped calls. If the issue keeps happening, try to do a network reset Rogers over the phone and a factory reset on the device. If it keeps happening then, it might be a fairly device.

View solution in original post

48 REPLIES 48

RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @mvrakela

No data! I don't think that this would work for me either. 

I would like to try and help.

Your s6 is it a Rogers locked device or is it an unlocked device?

Do you have the most recent update?

What type of SIM card are you using?

Thanks

RogersAliciaG

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @mvrakela

Have you tried going to your local Rogers store to see if they can swap out the sim card with a new one and see if that will fix it? Also which location are u in?. I assume you already updated your device with the most recent update and also have made sure that u don't have any apps blocking anything.  You don't need to turn data off in order to use the device. Something else is the issue here. 

I never had issues on my S6 Edge with dropped calls. If the issue keeps happening, try to do a network reset Rogers over the phone and a factory reset on the device. If it keeps happening then, it might be a fairly device.

Punqewe138
I'm here a lot
My s6 edge does this too. Around the 20-30 minute mark if a call, the person on the other end can't hear me but i can hear them. I have sent my phone in to Samsung and they did a full once over with the hardware and found nothing.
When i contacted Rogers about this they told me not to use LTE.
Seriously. ..i spent a lot of money on this phone, i would think it should at least function as a phone.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Punqewe138

Not going to say much but this is technology. Some are lemons but i do wonder why it's not working on LTE? I have contacted many that I know which had the issue and the last update fixed it but again this might not be for everyone.

thedan
I'm here a lot
This is my 2nd S6 on rogers on my 2nd sim card. Still call drops are frequent and phone switches to emergency calls only and no network. I'm a brand new customer and not sure where to go from here...

gp-se
I'm an advisor

I'm having issues also, did Rogers repair your phone, or replace the phone?

Sometimes I'll pull my phone out and it'll say "emergency calls only" I have to restart the phone then it gets reception. I also get missed calls and text's that don't send\receive.

thedan
I'm here a lot
Rogers replaced the phone. I went in today and they said they could try "resetting the network" which involved calling someone technical and powering off the phone. I'll try it for a day or two to see if anything changes.

thedan
I'm here a lot
I also regain network connectivity after a reset when I find myself off the network.

Hi @thedan,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

We definitely understand the inconveniences of you loosing your service, so far I see you have replaced both the phone and SIM card. If you notice after a day or two the issue has returned, please let us know and we'll have someone reach out to you from the @Cormer Forums team via Private Message, so they can look into the details of your issues.

Regards,
RogersArthur

gp-se
I'm an advisor

how long have you had the original phone? I'm having the same issue, but don't want my phone sent out for repair and be without a phone for 2-3 weeks. I bought my phone in July, but would like it replaced on the spot if posible. 

thedan
I'm here a lot
Hi @RogersArthur

The issue does not appear to be resolved as I lost network connectivity again today. If you could have someone reach out it would be appreciated.

Thank you

Dan

thedan
I'm here a lot
My full experience with this phone if it helps - I first purchased the phone in May. It was not set up properly as I had no network connection at all. After replacing the sim card (at my expense). The phone started working, but sporadically. After a few visits to the rogers store that only had the standard trouble shooting steps repeated I insisted to send it in for repair. After receiving a completely new phone back and not seeing a resolution I returned to to rogers store to see if anything else could be done. They suggested to send it back again. When pushed it was offered to reset the network but that didn't seem to work as my connection continues to drop. My wife also has an iPhone 6 on the same share account with no issues.

thedan
I'm here a lot
No one ever got back to me on this for help. I am stunned on how no one from rogers can help me with this issue. It feels like there are no escalation paths and anyone I talk to either by phone or in person at the retail store is unwilling or unable to assist.

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi, @thedan

Sorry for the delay

I’d like to help in getting your issue resolved. Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks!

RogersAsif

well I just got a call today and after 5 minutes the call was messed up again. I could hear the person on the line and they couldn't hear me at all. It's really annoying when my phone can function as everything...but a phone.

elaxhole76
I've been around
I have samsung galaxy note 4 and being dropping calls since I I sign the contract with rogers in February 9 of this year, I spoke with tech support 3 to 5 times and same thing.

I been thinking of canceling my contract early and get my old phone back.

I been reading on how many people have this problem and they end up paying on their own pocket.

This has to be fixed by rogers.

Hi @elaxhole76,

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for sharing your concerns/question on the Community forum. Are you still experiencing dropped calls on your device or the issue has since been resolved?

Thank you,

RogersZia

Samsung S6 Edge dropping calls

We have two S6 Edges bought in Nov '15 and they both drop calls constantly. My husband will call me from his S6 to my landline at work and we will lose each other at least once on every call. We have had iPhones, Nexus, Blackberrys... you name it we've probably had it and NEVER had dropped calls like this. My husband went to the local Rogers store where we got the phones and they told him to call Rogers. The guy at the store said he has an S6 that he leaves at home and doesn't use because of the dropped calls. My husband called Rogers and spoke to a 'customer service' person who had a really bad attitude and basically told him we needed to send both our phones in for a look. We are about ready to put these things in a drawer and bring out the Nexus 5s. Both phones are locked Rogers phones, all updates are done etc. Help?

Hi @Leslie0568

Sorry to hear about the troublesSmiley Sad Currently there isn't a known software issue with the Samsung S6 that would cause this. There was one previously reported which has been resolved. You can view the thread here

Do you have dropped calls regardless of the location?  Or it is happening at one location?

RogersAsif

Hi @RogersAsif. We get dropped calls regardless of location unfortunately. Sometimes there's noisy interference on the calls too. We don't have a landline at home and we really do rely on our cells. 

Topic Stats