cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy s5 weak signal vs iphone. how is the s7?

Benjie6
I've been here awhile

In buildings, in remote areas, S5's just have weaker signal than Iphone 4,5. My old iphone had much better signal than my galaxy.  I love android phones over Iphone in every other way. I will not go back to Iphone. I would like to know if the galaxy S7 has the same signal issues. If so, I'll have to consider another brand.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: galaxy s5 weak signal vs iphone. how is the s7?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Benjie6

All phones that are in a remote area or basement let's say with concrete walls have this issue. I have had the S7 edge, iPhone, Note 5, G4, Z3 and Passport and have had issues with signal in the basement and in remote areas. It's the towers where they are located and where u aee.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Benjie6

All phones that are in a remote area or basement let's say with concrete walls have this issue. I have had the S7 edge, iPhone, Note 5, G4, Z3 and Passport and have had issues with signal in the basement and in remote areas. It's the towers where they are located and where u aee.

Benjie6
I've been here awhile

maybe so, but head to head, iphone proves to be better than my galaxy. same place, iphone can download apps while my galaxy has little to no service. or out on the lake, iphone can text, galaxy cannot

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Benjie6

Again it all depends on the area you are in and how the place has been made. For me one of them are better as again they all had the same issue. Then why not get a iPhone then if the service is better?

Benjie6
I've been here awhile

because i like android, and samsungs phones otherwise, my hope is that they improved the antenna in the newer model. I've heard that moto and BB have better antennas, but i want to consider the s7 first before i switch brands

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Benjie6

You could always get the S7 and try it out. I believe u have 15 days / 30 Minutes to try it out and check it out!

gp-se
I'm an advisor

my personal experiece, Motorola always had excellent antenna design and got great reception. However the Last real motorola phones are the Moto X Play, Moto X Style Pure Edition, and Motorola Nexus 6.

However with that said, I had a Samsung Galaxy S6 before I got my iPhone 6s, and my iPhone gets service where the Samsung wouldn't. 

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation