galaxy note5 issues on 4g and signal.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: galaxy note5 issues on 4g and signal.

I have the note 5 for a month. It's the issue with the signal.
The final verdict from the Rogers says they can not guarantee the signal every where. So we can move to different providers. My only question is how about are they taking back the phone and pay me the.money.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

i do not know. lose the signal couple time. emergency call only. i need reboot the phone to get back on rogers network. i do not think it is signal issue for me. may some hardware problem.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers Tech said they trace the signal and said the place where I am not able to use 3G or 4G.
Only 2 G.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have the exact same issue, my phone will be working completely fine and then all of a sudden my phone goes into emergency contact mode with no signal. I wait for a few minutes to see if it comes back and nothing..... As soon as I restart my phone everything works perfectly again, it seems that I have to restart my phone two - three times a day now!

I have had my note 5 for just under 2 months now, using a corporate plan from Rogers. Not entirely sure what to do with this problem.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My Note5 does the same thing from time to time. I'm assuming it's because of the SIM card is a bit loose inside the slot. I can't prove that, so I won't even bother going to the dealership to get my phone checked. I'm worried they'll replace it with a refurbished one after I paid full price for the phone... Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

GOOD POINT. I am agree with u that the sim card slot is a little bit bigger. But it does not explain the reboot phone, everything is back to normal.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Robin2015 wrote:
GOOD POINT. I am agree with u that the sim card slot is a little bit bigger. But it does not explain the reboot phone, everything is back to normal.

Phone will need to be rebooted when you install a SIM card. My guess is that when the card was loose and then re-positioned itself in its proper place, you'll need to restart the phone to enable the phone to read the SIM card again.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

if this is the case, should we try to tape it to make sure the sim car is unable to move around or any other solution. i do not think rogers will just replace the sim card slot for us.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I've had the same issue and thought I resolved the issue for about two weeks by disabling some of the preinstalled apps on the phone.

I thought the culprit was the Facebook app and the ANT radio and ANT plugin apps but it looks like the problem is back.

I've done a hardware reset (reboot with power volume up and home) and restored my phone and it's the same issue.

I suspect that it has something to do with the network tower signals in my area, and that this phone is unable to properly reestablish connection with the cell networks once it gets cut off. So either the network has become weak due to the recent snow in the area, or they've been working on the cell towers. Either way I'm starting to believe it is not a software issue, but rather a design issue with this phone.

I've had this phone since September and love function of the stylus. But on this Rogers network, this phone is dangerously unusable, especially if I need to be reached.

It is 2016 and we should not have to constantly check to see if our phones have reception.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I believed I fixed my problem. the problem is the sim card slot. I cut a piece from old sim card to make sure the sim card will stay in place and tape one side. in last 24 hour, i did not lose the connection. not sure rogers will replace the sim card slot for us, it is defective part from the manufactory.