galaxy note5 issues on 4g and signal.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: galaxy note5 issues on 4g and signal.

Hello @Alentas

It seems to be a known issue with some Note 5s but also some other devices as well. Has this happened on your last device or just started with the Note 5?

Are you able to remove your sim card and insert it into another cellphone you may have or a family members? This is to see if the issue exists in that device as well or its just the Note 5.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been having problem with LTE since the AOK5 update. I can't seem to connect to lte. I ve tried everything. I've tried a different Sim card on my s6 edge plus but that didn't work either. It seems the new firmware messed up the network connections.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Malek777

I posted a reply to your exact message on the other thread.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I bought my note 5 less than a month, and having a problem on network connetion recently. Once i lost the mobile connection, i searched available mobile network, it show up rogers, rogers ext and mts. when i choose rogers, i still unable to get connection. i switch my cell # from telus, since i believe rogers has better signal. now i am in the city, in my house at main floor, and i still do not have mobile netwook. it is so dispointed. when it happens, i need restart the note 5, and i can get connection again. wish someone can do something to fix this issue. or maybe it is time to go back previous service provider.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Two days ago a software update showed up. I downloaded it and then I applied it. All my problems are gone. No more issues with LTE or signal. My note 5 is now working perfectly. Thank you.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Alentas

Thats great to hear!!:)
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I find my Note 5 data reception very bad versus my Nexus 5. Anyone else still have issues with data speeds even after the patch ? I just got my Note 5 few days ago. I did a speedtest (lte) versus Xperia Z3 and speeds are slower. Not sure why.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @Robin2015,

Did you purchase the device directly from Rogers or are you using an unlocked device?

If it is an unlocked device, please make sure it is provisioned properly by clicking here.

Hope this helps!

@RogersGabrielle

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I signed up two year contract with rogers through Costco. I believed the note 5 still locked to rogers. Could u guide me which seting should I look it up.
Thx
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @Robin2015

There is no settings on your device that would let you know if your device is locked to the Rogers network.  Most devices purchased from Rogers on a two year term are locked to the Rogers network.

Hope this helps.

RogersSannecia