cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy note5 issues on 4g and signal.

Rantain
I've Been Around

Hi, I recently bought note 5 and having a problem on network connetion.

When the phone is on 4g and signal bar goes down to 3~4,
Most of the phone is unable to connect to internet on any application.
Also lte signal is too weak and also 4g is weak too.
Is this software or hardware problem??

****Edit Labels****

42 REPLIES 42

Re: galaxy note5 issues on 4g and signal.

RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@Rantain

Welcome to the community. Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the troubles Smiley Sad

LTE is meant for high-speed data only which can tend to have less bars but provides faster Internet speeds which can also result in higher battery consumption.

Smartphones drop to 3G/4G during calls which have a stronger range(more bars).

1. What phone did you have before and what type of connections did it use (2G,3G,LTE etc)?
  2. Are you experience any issues with calls or text?

Regards,

RogersAliciaG

Samsung is using a new antenna design which seems to be causing issues:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/567892-fed-up-terrible-reception.html

"For the S6, Samsung switched from Laser Direct Structuring (LDS) antenna type to flexible PCB (FPCB) type"

the S6, S6 Edge, Note 5, S6 Edge+ all use this antenna design. I have a S6 that also has reception issues, I was hoping new firmware would fix it, but so far it's still bad. 

This is worrysome.
LDS? Thanks for the info @gp-se
I will read up on it. I wasn't aware such change was made.

odez
I've Been Around
Same problem with my Note5, sorry everyone but as it sits my Galaxy S5 is a better phone 100% I compared my Note 5 side by side with my Galaxy S5 9n the highway which I drive everyday. I can't even manipulate a website with my Note5 while my GS5 can watch Netflix no problem. Something is seriously wring with this device

Personally IP67 on Galaxy S5. Mamamia, amazing. so I agree @odez - No all new models are "upgrades" ... not for everyone... but Signal issues is concerning, that is a MAIN function for a phone to be a phone.
(iPhone "DeathGrip" anyone remember that? geez)

dieselx
I Plan to Stick Around
I actually have pretty good signal on this phone compared to my iPhone 6. I have stronger signal in LTE areas for sure as well as regular 4G. My main problem is at home whereas the iPhone 6 was the same with bad reception.

Completely separate product, but a booster might help for your home issue no?

Is it in the area or inside your home? the bad reception, I mean.

Alentas
I've Been Here Awhile
I have a note 5. Too many signal issues. Weak and impossible use my data. I am paying for 5gb and I am not able to use. It is too weak.

Good Afternoon @Alentas,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Did you have signal issues prior to getting the Note 5? Do you have an old device you can try testing with? 

Does the bad reception only occur in a certain area or in various places?

Have you ensured all software is up to date?

Let us know!

@RogersGabrielle

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Alentas

It seems to be a known issue with some Note 5s but also some other devices as well. Has this happened on your last device or just started with the Note 5?

Are you able to remove your sim card and insert it into another cellphone you may have or a family members? This is to see if the issue exists in that device as well or its just the Note 5.

Malek777
I Plan to Stick Around
I've been having problem with LTE since the AOK5 update. I can't seem to connect to lte. I ve tried everything. I've tried a different Sim card on my s6 edge plus but that didn't work either. It seems the new firmware messed up the network connections.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Malek777

I posted a reply to your exact message on the other thread.

Robin2015
I'm Here A Lot
I bought my note 5 less than a month, and having a problem on network connetion recently. Once i lost the mobile connection, i searched available mobile network, it show up rogers, rogers ext and mts. when i choose rogers, i still unable to get connection. i switch my cell # from telus, since i believe rogers has better signal. now i am in the city, in my house at main floor, and i still do not have mobile netwook. it is so dispointed. when it happens, i need restart the note 5, and i can get connection again. wish someone can do something to fix this issue. or maybe it is time to go back previous service provider.

Alentas
I've Been Here Awhile
Two days ago a software update showed up. I downloaded it and then I applied it. All my problems are gone. No more issues with LTE or signal. My note 5 is now working perfectly. Thank you.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Alentas

Thats great to hear!!:)

PizzaBear
I Plan to Stick Around

I find my Note 5 data reception very bad versus my Nexus 5. Anyone else still have issues with data speeds even after the patch ? I just got my Note 5 few days ago. I did a speedtest (lte) versus Xperia Z3 and speeds are slower. Not sure why.

Hello @Robin2015,

Did you purchase the device directly from Rogers or are you using an unlocked device?

If it is an unlocked device, please make sure it is provisioned properly by clicking here.

Hope this helps!

@RogersGabrielle

Robin2015
I'm Here A Lot
I signed up two year contract with rogers through Costco. I believed the note 5 still locked to rogers. Could u guide me which seting should I look it up.
Thx

Hello @Robin2015

There is no settings on your device that would let you know if your device is locked to the Rogers network.  Most devices purchased from Rogers on a two year term are locked to the Rogers network.

Hope this helps.

RogersSannecia

Bass1502
I'm Here A Lot
I have the note 5 for a month. It's the issue with the signal.
The final verdict from the Rogers says they can not guarantee the signal every where. So we can move to different providers. My only question is how about are they taking back the phone and pay me the.money.
Topic Stats