cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

esim support for samsung devices

Sukut
I plan to stick around

Hi Rogers,

Do you have any plans to support esim on samsung devices. Its 2021 and still no light on this issue from Rogers.

Thanks

**Labels Added**

39 REPLIES 39

Re: esim support for samsung devices

Sukut
I plan to stick around
I just purchased a brand new note 20 a tmobile version and has esim enabled as I can see the sim card manager. I have not had time to test the esim yet.

SwordFish99
I plan to stick around

I cancelled my order for the fold 3 because Samsung North America has decided to not allow dual sim. It is a greed decision so if you are not happy with Samsung's decision, don't buy another Samsung phone. I have been with them since S2 and just purchased the iPhone 12 Max and yes it does support dual sim. No more carrying two phones for me.

thatguyisrite
I've been here awhile

Hi Rogers,

I got the Samsung s21 Ultra back in March based on it's esim capability. I travel a lot so have the option of a dual sim phone is important to me when I travel so I don't need to carry two phones. By the time I figured out the esim had been disable by Rogers it was too late to return the phone and I had already sold my old dual sim phone. 

I think Rogers owes us an explanation to why the esim has been disable.

Thank you,

Sukut
I plan to stick around
I hear that android 12 ui 4 has esim enabled in beta version for American S21 series. If that's the case Canada will hopefully get it too with the stable release by end of this year, fingers crossed.

Iam currently enjoying my esim enabled s20 note

@thatguyisrite Hi! What do you mean by the eSIM has been disabled by Rogers? Did it use to work and then it stopped?
Because, as far as I know, Samsung don’t support eSIMs on the Canadian market (I’m not saying their devices aren’t eSIM capable).

Sukut
I plan to stick around
It does not matter whether samsung supports it or not. As long as you have an esim enabled phone you can get the QR code from any carrier and have the esim working.

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around

@Sukut It does matter, since Samsung disabled the eSIM on their Canadian devices.

Sukut
I plan to stick around
I was talking about devices from Samsung outside Canada. I have a usa note 20 and the rogers esim worksflawlessly.

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around
Oh that’s cool! Does it have pretty much all the same bands?

Sukut
I plan to stick around
Yes the 5g bands available that are used in canada are N41 and N71. Also has n258 n260 and n261 of which not used in canada. I get my 5g with rogers when I am not using wifi. And no wifi calling as it is not a rogers phone Well I can live with it

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around
Have a talk with tech support, they can make Wifi Calling work (I think you have to select Rogers’ CSC though).

Sukut
I plan to stick around
Once you do that your esim will be wiped out I have spoken to tech tier 2 at rogers and they confirmed it told me not flasvthe canadian firmware for the sake of wifi calling. Esi is big for me than wifi calling

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around
Oh, right! Of course it won’t work haha! It’s still early, this is my cue to grab a coffee

Sukut
I plan to stick around
😃 beleive me I have tried to turn all stones to figure that out and failed. Hopefully canada gets it with ui 4 update.

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around
That’s be great!

Esim support for S20 devices

Sukut
I plan to stick around
Hey Rogers,

Where is the esim for s20 devices with the android 12 update. It has been mire than 2 years now that we are waiting for it. Can you pmz tell what's going on.

Thanks

stallion84
I've been here awhile

Rogers is the one not supporting esim on samsung phones, but dont know why?

stallion84
I've been here awhile

I dont know specifics, but Rogers doesn't offer esim for samsung phones in part they told me because they cannot guarantee full functionality with voicemail, and all features on your monthly plan. This sounds like a small company.

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around

They support the Samsung Note20, S21 & S22, Z Flip3, Z Flip4, Z Fold3 & Z Fold4; with Android 12 or later.

Topic Stats
  • 39 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 11 in conversation