eSIM for Galaxy Watch

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: eSIM for Galaxy Watch

I spent alot of the day today calling Roger's and getting escalated to higher and higher up the Rogers management chain.

In the end I spent over half an hour talking to the Office of the President of Roger's.

Supposedly the very top of Rogers.

I was told that Roger's has made a business decision to not support the Samsung Galaxy Watch.

And worse that they have no plans to support it at any time in the future.

I was on hold for nearly 10 minutes while the Office of the President checked and confirmed with all groups that there is no support planned at all.

(While I was told that they may change their mind at any time, it seems highly unlikely as these things are normally scheduled months in advanced)

This is extreamly discouraging.

When I pointed out that this is making a large number of Roger's customers very upset, I was told that I could complain to the ombudsman (who had no control over business decisions).

I also pointed out that the type of person who buys a 500+ smartwatch is likely to also be spending alot on other Roger's services and that this business decision was likely to be a expensive mistake.

In the end I have decided to move all my business to a different carrier.

Not my preferred choice, but I am left with no choice.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Kevindamen

Sorry to hear that you couldn’t get a positive response on the galaxy watch support issue. What you were told is pretty much in line with my assumption that Galaxy Watch Support just doesn’t align with Rogers strategic business priorities at the current time. I know it’s a tough pill to swallow for those that own a Galaxy Watch and want to use it on the Rogers network.

I Plan to Stick Around

That's massively disappointing.  I may have to call some other carriers this weekend as well.

I Plan to Stick Around

I am calling bell now to switch. Same way TD lost me when they said nobody wants Google or Samsung pay on Android..
I've Been Around

We are into Mid March and still as a Samsung user, i still cant get a Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE. Its very frustrating, and to be honest, before i upgrated my phone with you guys, i should have just went elsewhere. All i see from Rogers employess is STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES. Now with the new S10, S10+ wouldnt it be the best time to have your consumers have the abilty to add accessories like the Samsung Watches on LTE. 

I've Been Around

I have this same beef, very frustrating that Rogers is so behind the times compared to Telus and Bell. I definitely won't be renewing.

Coming on PPV!
Real Madrid vs. Atlético (Athletic) Bilbao Live
LIVE: Saturday April 21, 2019 10AM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499 | 391 (beIN English) 392 (beIN Spanish)
Price: $5.99 (HD) | $5.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $5.99 | (beIN subscription $14.99/mo.)
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Real Madrid faces Athletic Bilbao in a regular la liga league soccer match. Subscribe to beIN Sports for $14.99/mo. to get the game and more La Liga and international Sporting events.

Crawford vs. Khan Live
LIVE: Saturday April 20, 2019 9PM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $79.99 (HD) | $74.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $79.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Undefeated virtuoso Terence "Bud" Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) will defend his welterweight world title against British boxing royalty Amir "King" Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) in a collision of superstars.

Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 10 in conversation