eSIM for Galaxy Watch

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

eSIM for Galaxy Watch

I know theres another post about this but Rogers now supports the esim on iPhones tho what about the Samsung galaxy watch?

***Edited Labels***

Re: eSIM for Galaxy Watch

Hi @cafekief,

As always your enthusiasm for the latest in tech is much appreciated. 

Stay tuned to rogers.com for any new changes or announcements.

RogersZia

I Plan to Stick Around

Can you just tell us if this is ever going to be supported? By the time you implement it the watch will be outdated..
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kavkaz no one is going to know the answer to that outside of maybe a few high level Rogers employees

you pretty much just have to wait for them to announce something or buy an iPhone/Apple Watch that is supported.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Or how about he switches to literally ANY other major carrier like Bell or Telus, who now all support e-Sim on the Galaxy watch (and others).  

Nobody asking about hooking up their mainstream wearable wants you to tell them to buy and apple watch that only works with an iphone.  Nobody.  

#condescending

How bout you listen to your customers and flip on e-sim for other watches? e-sim is e-sim, no valid reason not to support it.  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @claven2

I guess you failed to read th signature on his post which says that says " not a Rogers employee"..

He is a user just like you and I which can post are own comments on topics. He is giving his own opinion on what's happening and right now Apple watch is the only option with Rogers.

You are more then welcome to contact Rogers head office with the Office of the President and express your feelings towards them not getting the Samsung watch. Many have done this.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for pointing out he's not with Rogers, I had not noticed that.

That said, it's still not what I would call helpful if someone comes here saying they want (or have?) a samsung LTE watch costing over $500 and the suggested help is that they spend hundreds more on a second wearable from another manufacturer.  

I would also suggest to you, privately e-mail the president of Rogers is just one voice they can ignore.  Publicly posting that they are dropping the ball carries more weight (in my opinion) because others will see the correspondence.  I think a post here would sway them more than an easy to ignore e-mail.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @claven2

This is a public forum which yes sometimes you may not like what they have to reply with. To bring up the iPhone and the Apple watch in a Samsung watch thread is not right as i agree as its not helping but the user tried to help with what he could. We all come to help and give advise. So instead of attacking the user for giving his input, we can either A) ignore it OR B) we can simply tell the user that this is about a Samsung watch and not about a iPhone or Apple watch. That's all Smiley Happy.

A family member of mine has contacted the OOP. However I wont as i don't see a need to as i won't be buying the watch on LTE as i have another smart watch.

I do however invite everyone to do so, that way they can see many are actually wanting this device.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@claven2 lol just trying to help man.

Pointing out what Rogers does offer. I want them to support all devices as much as the next guy.  I'm sure they know tons of people want android watch support.  They'll roll it out in a timeline that aligns with their strategic business plan.  Nothing can be done to speed up that process.  

I've Been Around

nope, not yet. I bought my partner a watch, he's with Rogers, will talk to him about switching to Telus (I'm with them) so he can use his new present Smiley Happy Of course, if they decide to make a decision soon, I'm sure he'd consider staying with them as a loyal customer...but it doesn't sound like it.

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 9 in conversation