can't send text messages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: can't send text messages

Hi @enrique0915,

We may need to access your account to investigate further. 

When you have a moment, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps.  For more information on our Private Message system, please see this page.

Kind regards,

RogersShaun

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you, I will do that when I am can. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there,

I have been having the same problem with sending and receiving text messages.  I have a Nokia 650 (windows phone).  I am on a prepaid plan with Rogers and have the text messaging 'add on'. 

The problem started with text messages taking 4+ hours to receive, although my texts were going through with no issues.  Then last night I suddenly was unable to send any texts myself and now I get the "Unable to send" message.  I have followed most of the suggestions on this forum with no luck.  I called Rogers last night and they attempted to send a ping to my phone which was unsuccessful.  Then I was given a 1-855 number that was supposed to be tech support but was not so I am at a loss for what to do next.  I am really hoping someone can help me out here?!

Thank you in advance!
Karen

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @Karengab

Welcome to the Community Forums and thank you for posting!

That's quite strange and would be frustrating to deal with.

Are you still having issues with text messages on your device?

RogersPrasana

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I have been at wit's end with the problem of not being able to send text messages. I can receive without problem, but cannot send. Each time I try..I get the message "failed". I can make phone calls, & receive them too.

It was suggested to me that I buy a new SIM card, OR that I remove my SIM card, put it into another device/phone & try to send a text message. If it fails again, the fault likely lies with the SIM card. I do wonder as to why a SIM card would suddenly misbehave in this way. 

I did remove my SIM card...placed it into another phone, & experienced the same problem..."failed". So I'll go spend $10 on another SIM card & see if this truly was the way to go. If not, then I don't know what else to do. I truly don't like the idea of having to buy another phone.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kookai wrote:

I have been at wit's end with the problem of not being able to send text messages. I can receive without problem, but cannot send. Each time I try..I get the message "failed". I can make phone calls, & receive them too.

It was suggested to me that I buy a new SIM card, OR that I remove my SIM card, put it into another device/phone & try to send a text message. If it fails again, the fault likely lies with the SIM card. I do wonder as to why a SIM card would suddenly misbehave in this way. 

I did remove my SIM card...placed it into another phone, & experienced the same problem..."failed". So I'll go spend $10 on another SIM card & see if this truly was the way to go. If not, then I don't know what else to do. I truly don't like the idea of having to buy another phone.

@kookai

What phone are you using? is it a generic unlocked version, or was it purchased directly from Rogers?

Have you tried to do a factory reset on the phone? If you perform a factory reset, you need to backup your phone, as its contents will be deleted. Also have you verified you are running the correct APN settings?

Rogers APN:

Settings

Details

APN

rogers-core-appl1.apn

Username

n/a

Password

n/a

Note: For Android smartphones, input the following MMS settings to ensure MMS functionality.

MMSC

http://mms.gprs.rogers.com

MMS Proxy

MMS Port

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/rogers-core-apn-settings

If all that fails, call Rogers or send a PM to @CommunityHelps asking them to "refresh" your wireless account settings from their end.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Texts not being sent or received

I have an LG G5 and sometimes I sent and receive texts and sometimes I don't. I have done screen prints and the other end shows as sent yet it never arrives and ditto for me sending but there is no consistency to when and why. Is there a setting I can change?

Highlighted

Hello, @Hatta

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. I can imagine the inconvenience of not being able to get/send text messages consistently. 

We can help troubleshoot the issue, are you using the stock messaging app? Is the issue happens at a particular location? Like home, work etc. At times, it could be related to poor signal. 

Looking forward to seeing the issue resolved. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin