can't send text messages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: can't send text messages

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated. 

Unfortunately I have previously tried all those suggestions, to no avail. Just to be thorough, I tried them all again and still no luck, still can't send to the one contact.

Highlighted

Hello @enrique0915,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far.  Have you verified with the receiver if they've heard of other people not being able to send them text messages? What device is the receiver using?

@gp-se @Meowmix would you guys like to chime in?

RogersZia

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I appear to be the only one whose text she isn't receiving.  She's even had family from other countries text her just to check, and I appear to be the only one who cannot text my fiancee. Oh, and she is using an iphone 7. And she has checked to make sure iMessage isn't causing any issues as well. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@enrique0915 wrote:

I appear to be the only one whose text she isn't receiving.  She's even had family from other countries text her just to check, and I appear to be the only one who cannot text my fiancee. Oh, and she is using an iphone 7. And she has checked to make sure iMessage isn't causing any issues as well. 

@enrique0915 

Ask her to contact her carrier and verify your number isn't being blocked. Also ask her to double check her phone settings that you aren't blocked.

You can then call Rogers and ask them to "refresh" your network settings on their end.

To me it seems like her phone is blocking you, perhaps she mistakenly blocked you.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, we're 100% sure she hasn't blocked me and she already talked to her carrier. I'll try to talk to Rogers to do as you suggested. Hopefully that works. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, looks like nothing can be done about this. What's frustrating is how I can still receive her texts but she can't mine, and even if it somehow solves itself there is always the possibility of this happening again. Still, would be nice to know what the heck caused this in the first place. 

Oh well, looks like my only option is to change carriers - perhaps this won't be an issue then. Thanks for the help. 

Highlighted

Hi @enrique0915,

I'd hate to think we've exhausted all of our options here, and I'm definitely interested in finding the cause as well.

Just out of curiosity, what country is she in currently? Has she tried resetting her network settings as per her carrier? Is she able to receive text messages from other Rogers customers you or she might know?

Kind regards,

RogersShaun

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

She's in Norway - and yes, she's pretty much done everything I've done as well. She has been able to receive texts from our other friends here in Winnipeg, who are also on the Rogers network. I'm just flabbergasted by all of this

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@enrique0915 wrote:

She's in Norway - and yes, she's pretty much done everything I've done as well. She has been able to receive texts from our other friends here in Winnipeg, who are also on the Rogers network. I'm just flabbergasted by all of this

hmm that is strange, that leads me to believe it's not a Rogers Network issue since she can receive texts from other people on Rogers. Has she tried to factory reset her phone? It really seems like your number is blocked on her phone from receiving messages. Perhaps by accident she did it. What phone is she using? if it's an iPhone does iMessage work, or just SMS that is blocked from your number?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

As mentioned before, she has gone through all the steps I have which includes a factory reset. And I am not blocked. iMessage works, its just sms that she does not receive. At least when I use another iphone as I have an LG. 

Anyway, it's been three weeks now and we're nowhere close to a solution but thanks for all the help.