cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

caller echo/feedback

c2colton
I've been here awhile

So, my wife has a Galaxy S5 Neo for just over a month and the issue with it is as follows:

every call that is either made or recieved by the Neo results in the person on the other end having echo and massive feedback. Its like the microphone/speaker is wired into the body of the phone. it picks up every move/touch/breath that my wife makes while trying to talk to the other caller.

It's already been in for repair (came back 2 wks later with a good to go from Samsung repair), however it is still the same issue.

We put on speakerphone mode and no issue, same if she uses the earpiece mic. This is not a solution she wants to go with for the next 2 years...can she bring it in and get it replaced with a new model?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: caller echo/feedback

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @c2colton

They use a company called Flextronics I believe. They work with all cellphone manufactures to repair devices. Have you gotten in contact with Samsung Canada to see what they can do? The only 2 options you have is send it back for repair or get a hold of Samsung Canada and see what they can do.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @c2colton

Unfortunately you won't be able to do that as you passed the 15 day / 30 minute return policy and the 30 day exchange policy.

Have you gone back to the store and have it sent back to repair but this time letting then know to fix this issue?. Try that and ask for a loner phone.

In the meantime you can also contact @CommunityHelps and see if they can assist you with this.

c2colton
I've been here awhile
yup, brought it to store and they out-sourced the repair and we just got it back with the same problem. But the work ticket stated it passed their "live call" but when she called me it was still the same.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @c2colton

They use a company called Flextronics I believe. They work with all cellphone manufactures to repair devices. Have you gotten in contact with Samsung Canada to see what they can do? The only 2 options you have is send it back for repair or get a hold of Samsung Canada and see what they can do.

Mathsss81
I plan to stick around

S8 intermittant problem: echo of himself at the other end / no problem at my end

Hi,

it seems that there is intermittant network problem. Happened to me with 2 different persons using landline (videotron and Sogetel). The person I am calling using VoLTE is hearing himself (herself) at the other end. Calling back soes not seem to solve the problem. Switching tower looks like solving the problem?? This is happening to know at least once  or twice every 2 weeks (10% of the time) almost always around the same tower with full power. I asked Rogers support and they told me to not use VoLTE...I changed my phone because of this feature because I don't get 4G near my house so NO I will not switch OFF because I will miss the calls. 

Anybody have the same issue?

Good evening @Mathsss81,

May I know where you're located? Just want to confirm if we've received any other reports about a similar issue in your area. Do you have access to another mobile device to confirm if this is not device specific? Also is the issue/echo restricted to one location?

Just need a little bit more info to assist you further.

RogersZia

Mathsss81
I plan to stick around
Hi @RogersZia,

I am located in the east of Montreal. Problems usually occurs on Hwy-40 between St-Laurent borough and Pointe-aux-Trembles. Mostly near Pointe-aux-Trembles. But happen in between thesetwo places. No don't have another device except my old Note 3 that does not have VoLTE. Fot sure during traffic time on the higher there is probably a lot of transfer but voice should have QoS priority

Hello @Mathsss81,

Thank you for the information. Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps so we can investigate this for you. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Looking forward to getting this resolved for you :).

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation