blocking unwanted call

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

blocking unwanted call

I know how to block text messages from unwanted sources but how do i block the number from calling?

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: blocking unwanted call

Might be different but for me if I goto a contact there's an Upton that says block caller
I've Been Here Awhile

thanks for your reply. i don't have that option on my samsung captivate s.

I've Been Here Awhile

There is no option to do this and Rogers the greedy company they are wants an additional $5 a month for a 2 second task to simply block the number. I contacted support regarding a number that has been calling myself and other Rogers customers that I know, and instead of blocking the number globally (a telemarkettiing scam) they want each of us to pay $5 a month to block the number.

I don't think so... sure let's all change our phone number again and again, and hope that a different number isn't calling that one as well, oh wait, keep paying the $5 a month and they'll stop that for you. Pathetic that Rogers has the infrastructure to block these unwanted calls but they charge the customers a ridiculous fee for a one time command that never has to be looked at or monitored again.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Don't know about the Captivate, but see if you go to settings-phone....look to see if there is an option to add #s to a blocked call list
I Plan to Stick Around

go into settings->call settings->voice call->auto reject and add number.
you can also go to your call logs and long press on the number, and scroll down in the pop up menu to “add to reject list"

@shust82 wrote:
go into settings->call settings->voice call->auto reject and add number.
you can also go to your call logs and long press on the number, and scroll down in the pop up menu to “add to reject list"

This works, and if you want a free app solution, CallFilter does the same thing.

I've Been Here Awhile

download mr call blocker from the market.. its free

I'm an Enthusiast

But norton mobile security paid version you can buy a serical code on a card from futureshop or staples it can block numbers from calls or texts

Doesn't Rogers one number allow you to do this?