cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blocking unwanted call

nfl
I've been here awhile

I know how to block text messages from unwanted sources but how do i block the number from calling?

******* Edit labels ********

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: blocking unwanted call

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello princessweiss

You can search on Google Play and you will find plent of free and paid apps that can block numbers from contacting you. From the link I will give you, pick the right app for your self. Here is the list.

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=block+numbers&c=apps

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

zombiejc
I plan to stick around
Might be different but for me if I goto a contact there's an Upton that says block caller

nfl
I've been here awhile

thanks for your reply. i don't have that option on my samsung captivate s.

Broadish80
I've been here awhile

There is no option to do this and Rogers the greedy company they are wants an additional $5 a month for a 2 second task to simply block the number. I contacted support regarding a number that has been calling myself and other Rogers customers that I know, and instead of blocking the number globally (a telemarkettiing scam) they want each of us to pay $5 a month to block the number.

I don't think so... sure let's all change our phone number again and again, and hope that a different number isn't calling that one as well, oh wait, keep paying the $5 a month and they'll stop that for you. Pathetic that Rogers has the infrastructure to block these unwanted calls but they charge the customers a ridiculous fee for a one time command that never has to be looked at or monitored again.

shaggyskunk
I'm a trusted contributor
Don't know about the Captivate, but see if you go to settings-phone....look to see if there is an option to add #s to a blocked call list

shust82
I plan to stick around
go into settings->call settings->voice call->auto reject and add number.
you can also go to your call logs and long press on the number, and scroll down in the pop up menu to “add to reject list"

mbazdell

@shust82 wrote:
go into settings->call settings->voice call->auto reject and add number.
you can also go to your call logs and long press on the number, and scroll down in the pop up menu to “add to reject list"

This works, and if you want a free app solution, CallFilter does the same thing.

jc19
I've been here awhile

download mr call blocker from the market.. its free

sonyboyj
I'm an enthusiast
But norton mobile security paid version you can buy a serical code on a card from futureshop or staples it can block numbers from calls or texts

mousetamer
Doesn't Rogers one number allow you to do this?

mbazdell

@mousetamer wrote:
Doesn't Rogers one number allow you to do this?

It does indeed. Blocking the number in Rogers OneNumber prevents the call from even going to the phone. The auto reject list just disconnects the call, though it still shows up in your call log.

Is there an application that I can download to block certain numbers? I have an ex that keeps calling.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello princessweiss

You can search on Google Play and you will find plent of free and paid apps that can block numbers from contacting you. From the link I will give you, pick the right app for your self. Here is the list.

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=block+numbers&c=apps

mayragilmartin
I've been here awhile

I would recommend WhosCall-block calls, texts app. Its also on googleplay.

Description:

Block unwanted calls and texts with WhosCall. Unlimited reverse Lookup for FREE! Show the caller's base location of incoming calls!

WhosCall guarantees you a FREE service! 300 Million phone number cloud database (keep growing) , including US, India, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Europe, Middle East, and so on.

hi i want block unwanted callers

Good Afternoon @banana1000,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

A great way to manage your calls is to use our Rogers One Number feature. You can sign up by going to the Rogers One Number website. It is a free service and allows you to block specific numbers, forward your calls etc. Click here for more information. 

If you have an iPhone you can add someone to your blocked list from the Phone, FaceTime, or Messages app:

1. If you’re in Recents in the Phone app or in FaceTime, tap Info icon next to the contact or phone number you want to block. If you're in Messages, open the conversation and tap Details, then tap Info icon.
  2. Scroll to the bottom of the Info screen and tap Block this Caller.
  3. Tap Block Contact.

Hope this helps!

@RogersGabrielle

teragram
I plan to stick around

@banana1000 wrote:
hi i want block unwanted callers

Why not just check the settings on your phone first. Many phones have a built in feature allowing you to block both texts and calls from specific numbers. This will save you from having to use yet another service from Rogers that often does not work properly as indicated here.

yes
I've been around
Yes, same problem as you, now the charge is up, it is $6 now - ridiculous, for a 2 second job.....to get this clarified, they kept me hanging for 1 hour on the phone, and reps transferring the line till the senior manager was reached, who started to selling me their other features rather than solving the call block issue as reported .... no doubt the credibility is going down

HarvMan
I plan to stick around

Hi, I have a Rogers BlackBerry PRIV with Android 6.0.1.

Rather than using a call blocking app, I use a rather frugal technique:

1. Set up a contact named Ignore

2. For that contact, I have assigned a "silent" ringtone

(Google silence.mp3, download and place in Ringtones folder)

3. The first time I get a spam call I simply select that phone number and add to the "Ignore" contact

4. Voila ... piece and quiet

5. The only residual is you will see a missed call, but never hear one

Have a good day, eh!

Hotrod_1975
I plan to stick around

annoying calls

so I keep getting collection calls I told them wrong number and still call so what can be done thanks ??? I am getting a samsung note 2 soon if it will allow me to block numbers great alot say providers can block but reps say no they cant so I am getting fool arounds thanks ::: 

Hello, @Hotrod_1975

Thank you for posting your concerns in the Community. 

Receiving erroneous calls is definitely annoying, for how long do you have your number? Currently, what phone are you using? You should be able to block or add the number to the auto reject list. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats