Z3 Lollipop

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Z3 Lollipop

So you used the unlocked SIM card into the locked Z3, updated and switched them back?

That explains things.  

And here I was just thinking you were magic somehow....  Smiley Happy

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mynx79

Yeah that's what I did but weird thing is that the update came first on my locked Rogers Z3 then the unlocked device. It's weird though lol
I Plan to Stick Around

I hope it's not too far off.

Coming from a Nexus 5 with Lollipop to the Xperia Z3 with KitKat, there's a number of small things I miss about Lollipop! 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Haziq

It should come soon. Since I have had time to play with Lollipop on the Z3 it's improved the battery life, the phone is snappier, the apps open faster then before and also I have noticed that many tweaks have been installed!. The phone overall is much better
I Plan to Stick Around

Based on my lack of responses from the community moderators, I'm guessing they don't intend to put dates back into that "ETA" time slot on the OS Upgrade chart.

The lack of communication on Rogers part about WHEN we can expect this upgrade has to be the most frustrating part.  

Sometime soon just doesn't cut it sometimes. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't understand why it takes so long for carrier's. The update has been out for a while now and I'm sure they OEMs provide the update to carriers ahead of public rollouts.

Adding your own content to the OS shouldn't take that long.
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm debating on whether or not to just flash back to the generic Canadian instead of waiting for Rogers to get this released. 

If it's going to be weeks, I'll flash my phone.  If it's going to be hours or day, I'll wait.

It would be nice if they could replace those BIG BLANK FIELDS on their OS Upgrade timeline that used to be filled with information.  Rogers.  Hint.  Hint.  As of right now, it appears they have no idea when it might be ready.

I Plan to Stick Around

At least you won't have Rogers' bloatware lol If they do throw up an ETA, it'll say April...and well who knows when in April that'll be.
I've Been Here Awhile

If only rogers updates came as quickly as the price increases, we would be at 5.1 the day it was released

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rhiney

You do know that Sony and other manufacturers tell the carriers to wait for the 5.1 and no send it out until a few months after so the new update they just sent out gets settled and all.. So no one will get the 5.1 update unless you got a Nexus device or a factory unlocked device which the manufacturer will send you the update.

Give it next week seeing as good Friday they aren't working and Easter Sunday they are closed as well