Z3 Lollipop

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Z3 Lollipop

Coming from Windows Phone 8.1 which had relatively seamless updates and app migration process, should I backup before I do this? Can anyone confirm that installing this update will allow app installs on the SD card now? It's current limitations is very irritating and would never have gotten it if I knew that was the case.....

Any advice is welcome and appreciated, thanks
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ctrout

Yes this update will in fact let you move apps into your SD card. I did that with over 25 apps I have on my Z3. Sony was able to let this go on and so we are able to do so.
I Plan to Stick Around

No Lollipop update for my Z3 yet 😞 I'm tired of KitKat!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello xileblack

I should arrive soon. Honestly this is worth the wait i will have to say that
I Plan to Stick Around

Nothing yet, this sucks.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello MCaron

That built number will change once you do the update. I had the same built number as u
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix,

I wrote out a question, but I'm flashing and starting from scratch at KitKat 4.4.4 on my Z3.  At least until Rogers gets 5.0.2 released to us.  

There were features that I weren't sure were working correctly, and this could be because I flashed without removing data beforehand.  

I'm still waiting on the Rogers upgrade, and honestly, considering official Rogers has said that the update won't be out until April 2015, I'm really not sure how you were able to get your.  Is it a locked version?  Or unlocked version tied to Rogers?

I Plan to Stick Around

The date is now gone, it doesn't say April 2015 anymore.

None of the Xperia Z series phones have a date anymore for a Lollipop release.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/html/assets/OSUpgrade.html

I Plan to Stick Around

I noticed that too Haziq.

I'm HOPING that means it will be out today, but I know better.  Most likely it means that they don't have an ETA anymore, and don't want to publically announce it after missing the March 2015 date.

Honestly, I have no idea how Meowmix got the update when it hasn't been released yet. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mynx79

As i said in my other post i have 2 Xperia Z3s. I have one that is factory unlocked and one that is locked to Rogers. All factory unlocked Z3 devices got the update a few days ago. I popped in my son card into my locked Z3and got the update too. So i guess somehow I gave me the update on that one too.