Z3 Lollipop

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Z3 Lollipop

SO, the page where it holds the upgrade "estimated" dates says the z3 will be getting the Lollipop update in March... well march is almost over, does this mean its actually coming in April... or is this an early april fools joke?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Z3 Lollipop

Good afternoon @duuuude ,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

I wanted to take the time to confirm that Sony has issued an update in regards to the Lollipop upgrade.

I understand the inconvenience of not knowing exactly when it will be made available to you.

On March 16th, Sony posted on their official blog that Xperia Z Series users will get the update in approximately two weeks.

We are definitely putting efforts in making the update available to our Z3 users in the briefest delays. However, I would not want to misinform you at this moment by confirming a specific date. I can definitely assure you that Lollipop will come to all Xperia Z phones, it’s just a matter of time.

Keep in mind that not everyone will get the update at the same time. Some users will get it hours or days before others.

The benefits of Lollipop on Sony devices include;

• Fresh, streamlined looks based on Google’s material design
  • New look notifications and lock screen
  • Multi user profiles and guest mode
  • Android for Work
  • Better storage control and customisation

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Duuuude 

I would like to announce that Rogers and Sony just released the 5.0 update for the Z3!! Look below at the image! Remember if you don't get it right away, u will get it soon! Enjoy and i will update this thread with things I find on the new update! I would also like to point out this update is 1.2GB & you will also need to plug it into the computer & open Sony Companion in order to do the update. It does not do it over the air as its a huge file.

Screenshot_2015-03-30-12-37-43.png

I Plan to Stick Around

That's great to hear, looking forward to Lollipop on the Z3!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Haziq

You shall get it soon! Check your settings - About - Upgrade and see if its there or plug in your device and see. It's 5.0.2 as well!

So far no issues with the device. Diffrent lock screen, the notification pull down is different then before as well. No lag so far.
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix, how did you get that?

I'm on Rogers in Ontario, and I've been anxiously awaiting this update since it was announced last year.  

I tried both OTA and plugging it into the PC Companion, and neither are showing the update.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mynx79 

I just checked the settings today like i normally do in my phone and it showed it. So i uploaded the screen shot and plugged it into my computer and did the update.  Took 20 minutes and that's all.  As i said above to the other user,  not everyone will get it the same time. U might get it tonight or tomorrow but others get it today. Here is another screen shot. 

Screenshot_2015-03-30-17-00-12.png

I Plan to Stick Around

I tweeted RogersBuzz about it and apparently the update isn't rolling out yet...?

https://twitter.com/RogersHelps/status/582924443766292480

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Haziq

Hmm weird I got it on mine. Both devices I have unlocked and locked to Rogers :/.
I've Been Here Awhile

Seems you have the build number of  23.1.A.0.690

I got mine in a Rogers store and mine is 23.0.1.A.5.77

This may be the issue.