cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge support VoLTE, WiFi calling

jackthecompguy
I'm a regular

Title says it all. What is the stance on the newest Samsung flagships supporting VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling?

*** Edited Labels ***

111 REPLIES 111

Re: Will the Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge support VoLTE, WiFi calling

marian_h
I've been around

It might not be entirely replated to this topic, but in the past when I was using the phone th enetwork connection indicator dropped from LTE to 4G, in recent weeks I noticed that even during phone calls the LTE is still maintained.

Some people say that 4G is LTE, but from my testing I noticed that when LTE is presented (over 4G) the downlaod speeds atre much faster.

Last weekend I was in Vancouver and I saw for a few minutes some indication I was only able to see before in the US that showed LTE+ in the netwrok indicator. Not entirely sure what that means.

DillonN
I plan to stick around

I'm trying to activate WiFi calling on my S7 Edge, but after entering the verification code I get an error saying it can't activate since there is a conflicting service.

I have been signed up for OneNumber for a while, but the site for that seems dead and I'm not sure how to take it off my account. Any way to do that easily?

Thanks

Good day @DillonN,

Thanks for your post & Welcome to the Forums!

It would be our pleasure to assist you with the transition from Rogers One Number to Wi-Fi Calling.

However, we'll need access to your account, in order to look into this further.

When you have a chance, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps

For more info on our private messaging system, check out this blog.

RogersMaude

poser
I've been here awhile
Anything new about wifi calling?
Unlocked S7 from different carrier.
On 6.0.1 and don't see an option(WiFi calling) to set up with the phone app(more tab).
About device shows no phone number.
S7 is from Wind.... And only saying 3g.

Would it be possible to flash a Rogers firmware to enable this non Rogers device issue.
Thanks

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@poser wrote:
Anything new about wifi calling?
Unlocked S7 from different carrier.
On 6.0.1 and don't see an option(WiFi calling) to set up with the phone app(more tab).
About device shows no phone number.
S7 is from Wind.... And only saying 3g.

Would it be possible to flash a Rogers firmware to enable this non Rogers device issue.
Thanks

no need to flash any firmware to get LTE,just  google Samsung CSC change, then switch it to Rogers. You will get LTE, however no Wi-Fi calling. Wi-Fi calling only works on phones purchased through Rogers (online or in store).

poser
I've been here awhile

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I got LTE to work, by resetting network settings(under backup and reset).

I will try to figure this out after Rogers One Number is gone at the end of the month.

Rogers will have to step it up, since they are getting rid of R O N this month.

I read every post, and think its time for high end android devices to get the love too, just like non Rogers iPhone.

Puzzling part is, I don't see Wifi Calling or VoLTE options no where on my device(Wind unlocked S7).

Might think of getting a Rogers 6.0.1 from sammobile onto my device, if its possible.

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@poser wrote:

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I got LTE to work, by resetting network settings(under backup and reset).

I will try to figure this out after Rogers One Number is gone at the end of the month.

Rogers will have to step it up, since they are getting rid of R O N this month.

I read every post, and think its time for high end android devices to get the love too, just like non Rogers iPhone.

Puzzling part is, I don't see Wifi Calling or VoLTE options no where on my device(Wind unlocked S7).

Might think of getting a Rogers 6.0.1 from sammobile onto my device, if its possible.

as I already mentioned, there is no need to flash the firmware, all devices run the exact same firmware, only the CSC is different. Change the CSC to Rogers and your device software/firmware wise will be a Rogers device.

Topic Stats