cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling

Patthe
I plan to stick around

Good day,

I have a Galaxy S6 Edge plus with the latest android marshmallow.

My question is, how do I know when I am using WIFI Calling ?

how can I test it and know it work ?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Wifi Calling

Patthe
I plan to stick around

I finaly fix it.

My problem is that I cheat the phone to make it think it was a Bell to get the android 6.0 update. The feature for WIFI Call where there but not working.

So I had to flash my phone with the factory 5.1 update from roger, then update with the proper update from Rogers.

Also the left Rogers sign still say Rogers, but on the right, there is a logo of a phone. (circle in red), I also was able to test if it work by puting the phone in Airplane mode and activate the WIFI.

I was able to make phone call and text.

1.jpg

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45

RogersMoin

Hello, @Patthe

Thank you for posting your question in the Android board of the Community. I'm assuming you have already setup the Wi-Fi Calling on your phone; Wi-Fi Calling icon will appear on the phone’s status bar, indicating that Wi-Fi Calling is connected and ready for use.

Please following the OnBoarding instructions If you have not setup the Wi-Fi Calling yet. You can also check the Wi-Fi Calling FAQs.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Patthe
I plan to stick around

As per this picture, it is ON, but how do I know it work ?Screenshot_20160704-091031.png

Patthe
I plan to stick around

On the lockscreen that suposer to say WIFI Call ?

Screenshot_20160704-0917182.jpg

steveburke23
I plan to stick around
I see you have wifi calling on but have you registered,.. it says Click here to register for WiFi-Calling or to update emergency address

GibMcFragger
I'm a reliable contributor
I don't have it on my S7E (wink, wink, Rogers), but one would assume it would show you that it's active only when you are making a call. 😉

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Patthe

Yes it's supposed to say " WiFi Rogers" if it's on WiFi Calling. Yours is not.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GibMcFragger

Nope. On the iPhone it always showed "WiFi Rogers" on the top left hand side. So that stays for good until u turn off OFF WiFi. 🙂

Patthe
I plan to stick around

I finaly fix it.

My problem is that I cheat the phone to make it think it was a Bell to get the android 6.0 update. The feature for WIFI Call where there but not working.

So I had to flash my phone with the factory 5.1 update from roger, then update with the proper update from Rogers.

Also the left Rogers sign still say Rogers, but on the right, there is a logo of a phone. (circle in red), I also was able to test if it work by puting the phone in Airplane mode and activate the WIFI.

I was able to make phone call and text.

1.jpg

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Patthe

Thank you for that! Great information 🙂

GibMcFragger

@Meowmix,

You have the S7 Edge like me, if I remember correctly.

If you flash the APG1 update with Odin (which was just released by every carrier EXCEPT Rogers), you get Wi-Fi calling on your S7E.

Just saying.... 😉

WifiCallingS7E.png

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GibMcFragger

I do not like to flash my phones with other software. I know i sound weird but never liked doing it lol. At least we know it works with WiFi calling! Now waiting for Rogers to bring it over lol

GibMcFragger
Lol fair enough. The funny thing is that the update is multi CSC and identical for all carriers, so I have no idea why Rogers sits on updates so long.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GibMcFragger

Lol yeah that's true. I guess i like the software the way it is haha. I do hope Rogers adds it quick as in 2 weeks Samsung will announce the Note 7..

GibMcFragger
Yea. I'm going to have to resist opening my wallet again when it comes out...... Lol.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GibMcFragger

Haha i might have to but we shall see!

Ontopic though, I do want to know just like eveyone else is wondering, why it's taking them this long.

Wifi Calling on Huawei P10

It looks like Rogers only certifies a few different devices for wifi calling. When will you add Huawei to that list? 

Where can I request support for Huawei devices to be certified for wifi calling?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @sergiochaves

Have you tried to enable it on your Huawei P10 and it won't let you? Have you followed the steps on what to enable?

If so and Rogers has yet enabled it for that device, sadly they wont say until they do.

Hey @Meowmix

Yes, I did try enabling it. The options are not there. There is no visible setting to enable wifi calling even though the device supports it. I was hoping Rogers could enable support so the menu option would appear.

That's a shame about not letting us request support or letting us know. How else would they know where to allocate resources?

Hi @sergiochaves,

Thanks for your feedback!

At this time, it looks like we only officially support Wi-Fi calling on Apple, Samsung and LG devices. 

If that changes, we'll gladly share the news on the Community!

Hope this helps!

RogersShaun

Victorchan218
I plan to stick around

I purchased a Note 8 from Hong Kong just find out that there is no WiFi calling feature and I called Rogers support they said only handset purchased from Rogers will have this WiFi calling feature. Wut? So which means we must buy every handset from Rogers to get this feature? I remembered before Rogers has an app call Rogers One Number this app can be download to the phone and able to use WiFi calling. This was a great feature I love it. why Rogers take it away and forced customer to purchase the phone from them in order to get this feature? I wish Rogers bring back the Rogers One Number to us.

Topic Stats