cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling for Pixel 3

coreyvelan
I've been here awhile

I just got the Pixel 3. The phone appears to let you turn on wifi calling, but it doesn't actually work. I called Rogers support and they said wifi calling isn't supported yet on the pixel 3 and he didn't know if it would be. Anyone know if it will be? If not, I think I'll have to return the phone. Reception in my house is brutal and wifi calling on my s7 edge saved me.

***Edited Labels***

71 REPLIES 71

Re: WiFi Calling for Pixel 3

msav999
I plan to stick around

Hi, is anyone having inconsistent connection to WiFi calling on their Pixel 3 (purchased through Rogers)?

WiFi Calling will randomly disconnect and not reconnect unless I reset my phone. It'll stay connected for a period of time, then disconnect for no apparent reason. If I leave one WiFi network and go to another one it rarely reconnects WiFi calling unless the phone is reset. I've tried this on multiple WiFi networks with the same results. When connected it works perfectly fine.

I've factory reset, I've cleared app data, I've reset network settings, I've tried safe mode, I've contacted Rogers (everything good on their end) and had a phone replaced! Nothing seems to remedy the issue.

Anyone else have these issues with their Pixel 3?

Splootcrate
I've been here awhile

I just got my Pixel 3 XL from Google and I appear to be having the same issues. I'll be on Rogers Wifi, then randomly it cuts out and goes to a regular Rogers cellular connection. In my case, it does appear to reconnect to Roger Wifi sometimes.

I relied heavily on the wifi-calling on my iPhone 7 in the same house with the same connection. The problem is it works sometimes so when I call tech support they just say its working and it must be my router. Could it be the Pixel phones just have spotty wifi?

Weird as I have a non XL and although initially it was a pain to get WiFi calling to work, it now works 100% (ok maybe 99%) of the time. When it doesn't work it's usually that my internet is down or that there indeed is an issue with the router or modem ...
Try it on another WiFi network and check if you actually loose wifi signal too or just WiFi calling?

Also make sure all os updates are done (you should be on June security patch) and that the Carrier Services and Phone apps are up to date too.

Smokemaker
I've been here awhile
Hi everyone, I read thru messages on this board, but it's unclear if the xl 3 will work with wifi calling on Rogers or not.
I am buying a brand new Telus p3 xl, it's extremely important for wifi calling to work for me. Can anyone confirm if this will work or not?
I was under the impression that pixel has an unmodified android and therefore there are all pretty much the same.

Splootcrate
I've been here awhile

After I updated my phone to Android Pie 9.0, everything worked smoothly for Wifi calling on my Pixel 3 XL. I also recommend using your wifi calling on using the 2.4g router settings instead of the 5g settings. 5g is faster but a weaker signal. I'm finding I get less complaints about the quality of the call on 2.4g connections.

Intermittent WIFi Calling now not working at all (pixel 2xl and 3)

I'm at my wits end with WiFi Calling. I've probably contacted Rogers 10 time, and Google support 3 or 4. I have a Google pixel 2xl, and my wife switched 6 months ago to a pixel 3. WiFi calling has been turned on but never connected without issue. Usually we could force it to connect by restarting our devices or using airplane mode. The last couple weeks it won't connect at all. My wife never had issues connecting with her iphone before. I set up our router from scratch again, wiped my phone and set it up again - everything i can think of. Am i the only one with this issue?

I'm in the same boat. I had WiFi calling working very well on my Pixel 3XL for many months, then some time earlier in August it just stopped. Endless re-boots, turning wifi calling on/off, airplane mode, trying multiple wifi networks, re-signing up for wifi calling w/Rogers...nothing has worked to get it going again.

*#*#4636#*#* let's me toggle the wifi calling on/off, but when I look at the IMS settings it says voice over wifi is unavailable. 

Super frustrating. Wifi calling worked awesome for months and there is terrible cell reception in my home office, which is where I use my phone almost exclusively.

Exact same with me on Pixel XL 2

Topic Stats