WiFi Calling for Pixel 3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: WiFi Calling for Pixel 3

Urgh. Anyone have any idea what I need to do to get IMS registered? Mine shows unregistered and VoLTE / calling over WiFi as unavailable. Called support, they told me to wait a few minutes while they do something on their end, turn off and then on my phone and that it should work but it doesn't.

Greetings @Test12478120532!

It's definitely strange that you haven't been able to access your Calling Over Wi-Fi feature! I can confirm that VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling are both available on the Pixel 3. 

It could be something to do with how your account services are configured. To get a better handle of the situation, we'd like you to send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps. Then we'll be able to review your account to see what could be causing the issue.

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

We look forward to hearing from you!! 😃

RogersLaura

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersLaura I tried to do that as I have the same issue but @RogersHelps doesn't come up in the PM system when I go to send it. Any advice?

Hello @trimaican,

My sincere apologies! It should be @CommunityHelps. I have edited my post to reflect the same. Thank you so much for pointing out this error in my post, it's greatly appreciated!! 😊

Please try sending us the Private Message again so we can assist!

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

I've Been Here Awhile

I just tried to enable wifi calling again, and it is working now.  My phone did get an android update yesterday. I don't know if that's what did it or some change on the Rogers end, but it is working now!

I Plan to Stick Around

For those having issues note that if your device was purchased outside of Rogers I. E. Directly from Google you are out of luck from getting these features. I had these issues with my OG Pixel. Bought my 2XL through Rogers and was fine. I thought the unlock rules being changed would get rid of this silly restriction (as there is no difference in terms of hardware or software) but alas be warned.

Sadly between black Friday and holiday plan promotions, I'll be likely leaving as now I don't lose anything feature wise by going to a competitor.

Hope that saves some time for those in the same boat.
I Plan to Stick Around

Are you kidding me? This is still a thing in Q4 2018 with phones having to be unlocked by default for close to a year now?

Rogers team ; can you confirm a Pixel 3 bought from the manufacturer (which is identical to a Rogers bought one and don't say it isn't because it is, it gets the same carriers service update and has the exact same software yours do, it even auto-installs apps like the MyRogers app and updates your carrier services package when you put a Rogers SIM Card in it) will NOT be provisionned with VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling? If that's the case, I'm gone too. 

Also, I am 99.9% sure my OG Pixel actually had VoLTE working (but no Wi-Fi calling) and it was Google Store bought too. 

For those that do have VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling working ; can you look at your APN Settings and see iff you have an "IMS" APN? And if you do, can you share the settings of that APN?

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes I'm pretty sure I was the same with the OG VoLTE  was working.  this is the first time its not.  and no RCS but I am pretty sure I just need my profile reset for that one to work. (a separate issue I know)

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't have an IMS APN, I have Rogers Internet and Rogers Tethering.

I Plan to Stick Around

So I just tried something... I put my SIM card in an old Pixel phone I have that previously had VoLTE with Rogers. After a few minutes my IMS status and VoLTE become registered and available. I can make VoLTE calls. I can't make WiFi calling work however but never could on that phone on Rogers.

Then I put the SIM card in my Pixel 3 and surprise, I can do VoLTE calls ! For 10-15 minutes or so. Then my IMS registrations status returns to Not registered and VoLTE unavailable and I can no longer use VoLTE.

Conclusion : again, Rogers is preventing non Rogers device to use VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling. Rogers can you explain / respond ?
Coming on PPV!
Pacquaio vs. Broner Live
LIVE: Saturday January 19, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!
Live Weigh-In January 18th @ 6PM ET

Promotional content running all day on CH 368 DTV & 430 Ignite TV until January 19th @ 9PM

Topic Stats