WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

@Itsdavef wrote:
You can go *#*#4636#*#* to bring up a hidden menu on your dialer. Click on phone information and you will see volte is provisioned but video and wifi are not so I dont think wifi calling will work yet.

Edit the code*

Confirmed.   VoLTE is enabled but video and wifi calling are not.  

I Plan to Stick Around

I see all of the VOLTE options that were described but my Pixel XL still falls back to 3g/HSPA when I make a call. This is with the latest 7.1.2 update.
I've Been Here Awhile

took the update last night and have "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" ON.  did the code sequence mentioned earlier and can can see volte provisioned, but Volte doesn't see to be activated for my phone.

Note: my Pixel is from Google directly, not Rogers. Tested it and during call, still drops down to HSPA/3G

So wondering if anyone here has a non-Rogers Pixel with working Volte.

Can someone also confirm if IMS registration is required for VOLTE, pretty sure its required.

Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes I believe so as that's how I got it working on the beta (thinking otherwise you just have to wait)

In the service menu *#*#4636#*#*
Phone info - trigger carrier provisioning
Then wait a minute or so and check the IMs registration
I've Been Here Awhile

Did the trigger provisioning but no luck.

We're you able to get a non Rogers pixel registered pixel working? No need for Rogers to add your imei in their DB?
I've Been Around

Rogers just sent me a text message to my Pixel with tips on using their Wifi Calling service.

I Plan to Stick Around

I got that text too but I think it is generic to all rogers phone users.

I have a pixel XL bought directly from google.  When I enter the setup menu *#*#4636#*#* and go to Phone Information I see switches for

Ceulluar Radio  Power

VoLTE Provisioned

Video Calling Provisioned

Wifi calling Provisioned

Celluar is enabled, the other 3 are disabled.  If I enable them they turn blue, but as soon as I exit the menu, and go back to the menu, they are disabled again.  same if I reboot the phone.  they disable every time I leave that screen

I Plan to Stick Around

@gtehdanis LTE enhanced services turned on in the settings? That should be turned on.

And I assume everyone is on 7.1.2 ( which I'm jealous of as it hasn't shown up for me and I don't have my cable to sideload it)

I Plan to Stick Around

I also received the text. The update last night now shows "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" in the cellular network settings, but it does not show Wi-Fi calling yet.

I Plan to Stick Around

You can try going to About, Updates, Check for updates.

If you don't force it to check it puts you in an update que of sorts. I never wait for it to "appear." I always go to "Check for update" on the day it's released.

Coming on PPV!
Pacquaio vs. Broner Live
LIVE: Saturday January 19, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!
Live Weigh-In January 18th @ 6PM ET

Promotional content running all day on CH 368 DTV & 430 Ignite TV until January 19th @ 9PM