cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

skip501
I plan to stick around

Does anyone have any information as to whether WiFi Calling and VoLTE will be supported on the Google Pixel? My Pixel is pretty much useless at home without these features. For a flagship, I am shocked that these features were not offered from the Pixel launch date.

***Edited Labels***

281 REPLIES 281

Re: WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

jefflessard
I plan to stick around
I meant that VoLTE works for me since the last update.

Elmajian
I've been here awhile

Did you ever fix this problem? I'm having the same issue. If Enhanced LTE is on, no calls come through when on WiFi. If you learned anything new it will save me a lot of time. If you're still in the dark, I will call support and gather new information.

Good morning @Elmajian!

Welcome to our Community Forums! 

I know how annoying it can be when a feature like this inexplicably doesn't work. In this case, we'd like to check out your account as it's possible you have the WiFi Calling feature on your account even though the device itself isn't yet supported.

If you do have WiFi Calling enabled on the account, I can disable it for you and then we can test to see if that fixes this issue.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps for further support.

If you're not familiar with how to PM, please follow this link for instructions: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/535

Regards,

RogersCorey

trimaican
I plan to stick around

it started working for me after i put my sim into another device (my friends pixel) tested it on his and everything was working. popped it back into my device and boom it was fine since. rogers coreys idea was my next thought to try ad no one else was having the problem.

@Elmajian wrote:

Did you ever fix this problem? I'm having the same issue. If Enhanced LTE is on, no calls come through when on WiFi. If you learned anything new it will save me a lot of time. If you're still in the dark, I will call support and gather new information.

DarkCanuck12
I've been here awhile

I spoke with my account rep (corporate client) who directed me to the our Tier 2 Enterprise technical support team who indicated that in their "database" that VoLTE is "TBD" for if it's supported (even though this page listed April 3rd as a supported date.) - http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/OSUpgrades/thread-id/1

What gives?

SWade
I plan to stick around
I purchased the Pixel XL as a replacement for the Note 7 and all the advertising said these features we're available. I soon found that this was not the case but getting Rogers to acknowledge their false advertising would be a waste of time since they don't care about customers they already have. I may switch to bell to get the Galaxy S80.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @SWade

Yeah unfortunately it seems like they wanted to advertise them but never delivered until late or later.

Also what's a S80? Lol ( i know it's the S8( lol

Mythen
I plan to stick around
Anyone else get the update for June 5 that's supposed to have VoLTE fixes yesterday. Nothing here yet.

Mythen

jefflessard
I plan to stick around

Nothing here.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Mythen

Hmm it does state that it was supposed to be released yesterday. So i wonder if it's being held back due to a issue OR a slow release? I do know they go in phases for the releases of updates.

Mythen
I plan to stick around
I've had this phone since November and the updates have come like clockwork on the 5th of the month. Possible it got held back. Anyway to find out?

mousetamer
I'm a trusted contributor

Just use  Skipsofts kit to sideload the OTA. 

DarkCanuck12
I've been here awhile

@mousetamer wrote:

Just use  Skipsofts kit to sideload the OTA. 

Link to the OTA download?

Mythen
I plan to stick around

Is there a reason the update has not been released yet?  Anyone from Rogers able to shed some light on this.  Google has already released the OTA.  and its specifically for rogers as well.

Any thoughts

mousetamer
I'm a trusted contributor

https://developers.google.com/android/ota

7.1.2 (NKG47L, Jun 2017, T-Mobile, Fi carriers, and Rogers) is the one you want.

Mythen
I plan to stick around
Is there any reason Rogers has not released it yet. Just wondering if it will cause a problem

SWade
I plan to stick around
I have 7.1.2 but no sign of the WiFi calling in my phone settings.

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey Community!

We have confirmed that the Google Pixel & Pixel XL update originally scheduled for a June 5th 2017 release date has been delayed as Google/HTC are awaiting regulatory approval for the update.

Thanks,

RogersDarrell

Mythen
I plan to stick around
@RogersDarrell

Thanks for the update

SWade
I plan to stick around
Thanks. Please let us know if you hear of the release.

bbry6420
I've been here awhile

anyone else have issues receiving calls when wifi is on?  

I just got the pixel 2 days ago, and any time my wifi is on it takes 2 attempts to actually get the call to come through (did not have this problem on my last phone).  The first attempt you get a message stating the customer is not available, second attempt it comes through fine.  

Turning wifi off and no issues, the call comes through fine, turn it back on and get the "customer is not available" message. 

Is this somehow related to the pending VoLTE/Wifi calling feature?