WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

Let see who tested it!!!
I Plan to Stick Around

I downloaded and flashed N2G47E (Pixel XL, 7.1.2 build).  It does have the 4G VoLTE (Enhanced 4G LTE Mode) option in the menu, but it falls back to HSPA during the call.  I'm guessing that Rogers has to work on something on their side.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ok so I have the 7.1.2 update.  but under setting on the phone app there are no additional settings., or anything VoLTE.  How can I tell if it enabled

I Plan to Stick Around

@Mythen wrote:

Ok so I have the 7.1.2 update.  but under setting on the phone app there are no additional settings., or anything VoLTE.  How can I tell if it enabled

not under phone settings.

go to settings - more - cellular networks (Enhanced 4G LTE Mode)

There was a way i got it forced enabled on the beta but dont have the official version yet to test.

I Plan to Stick Around

Enhanced 4G LTE Mode I assume that is it?  Also I assume your data has to be enabled for that to work? or does it work over wifi too?

I Plan to Stick Around

@Mythen wrote:

Enhanced 4G LTE Mode I assume that is it?  Also I assume your data has to be enabled for that to work? or does it work over wifi too?

correct on data. i dont belive this update included wifi calling but again i don't have it hopefully someone else can confirm.

I Plan to Stick Around

@ndy4eva wrote:

I downloaded and flashed N2G47E (Pixel XL, 7.1.2 build).  It does have the 4G VoLTE (Enhanced 4G LTE Mode) option in the menu, but it falls back to HSPA during the call.  I'm guessing that Rogers has to work on something on their side.

Okay, it's working now.  VoLTE works.  Maybe Rogers backend needed some time to get it registered or something.  With Enhanced 4G LTE mode on, the phone call stays at LTE connection.  Now, let's try to get WiFi calling working. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Can you check and confirm that calls come through when you are on wifi and have voLTE enabled?
I Plan to Stick Around

@trimaican wrote:
Can you check and confirm that calls come through when you are on wifi and have voLTE enabled?

How would you check this?

I Plan to Stick Around

You can go *#*#4636#*#* to bring up a hidden menu on your dialer. Click on phone information and you will see volte is provisioned but video and wifi are not so I dont think wifi calling will work yet.

Edit the code*
Coming on PPV!
Pacquaio vs. Broner Live
LIVE: Saturday January 19, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!
Live Weigh-In January 18th @ 6PM ET

Promotional content running all day on CH 368 DTV & 430 Ignite TV until January 19th @ 9PM