WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

it started working for me after i put my sim into another device (my friends pixel) tested it on his and everything was working. popped it back into my device and boom it was fine since. rogers coreys idea was my next thought to try ad no one else was having the problem.

@Elmajian wrote:

Did you ever fix this problem? I'm having the same issue. If Enhanced LTE is on, no calls come through when on WiFi. If you learned anything new it will save me a lot of time. If you're still in the dark, I will call support and gather new information.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with my account rep (corporate client) who directed me to the our Tier 2 Enterprise technical support team who indicated that in their "database" that VoLTE is "TBD" for if it's supported (even though this page listed April 3rd as a supported date.) - http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/OSUpgrades/thread-id/1

What gives?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I purchased the Pixel XL as a replacement for the Note 7 and all the advertising said these features we're available. I soon found that this was not the case but getting Rogers to acknowledge their false advertising would be a waste of time since they don't care about customers they already have. I may switch to bell to get the Galaxy S80.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SWade

Yeah unfortunately it seems like they wanted to advertise them but never delivered until late or later.

Also what's a S80? Lol ( i know it's the S8( lol
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone else get the update for June 5 that's supposed to have VoLTE fixes yesterday. Nothing here yet.

Mythen
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Nothing here.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mythen

Hmm it does state that it was supposed to be released yesterday. So i wonder if it's being held back due to a issue OR a slow release? I do know they go in phases for the releases of updates.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've had this phone since November and the updates have come like clockwork on the 5th of the month. Possible it got held back. Anyway to find out?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Just use  Skipsofts kit to sideload the OTA. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@mousetamer wrote:

Just use  Skipsofts kit to sideload the OTA. 

Link to the OTA download?