WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

@shrander

thanks.  Just finished the update.  Enhanced 4g LTE is now available in the settings and is enabled.  When I go to the secret settings menu *#*#4636#*#* VoLTE is now enabled already.

Is there a way to know whether this is working or not when making calls? or do we assume it is working because it is enabled?

Wifi Calling is still disabled/greyed out and I am not able to turn it on.

I Plan to Stick Around

visually your device should stay on LTE when you make a call.  Some calls when connected show a HD (or D) icon when connected

I Plan to Stick Around

When I make a call now it goes from LTE to H
I Plan to Stick Around

Sometimes you have to wait for one registration.

I listed a way to attempt to force that but it's not 100% proven just worked for me.
I Plan to Stick Around

ya mine went LTE, to 3G then H when I made a call. so H or HD refers to the enhanced 4g lte?
I Plan to Stick Around

can you repost it or a link to it so I can give it a try? thanks
I Plan to Stick Around

In the service menu *#*#4636#*#*
Phone info - trigger carrier provisioning
Then wait a minute or so and check the IMS registration and see if it says Voice over LTE available
I've Been Around

Got the uppdate, it shows that I have Volte, but how do I know if I have wifi calling? I cant figure out where to find that

I Plan to Stick Around

All signs say you don't. None of us do at the moment. Which is weird only because of the two members that posted they got texts from Rogers about wifi calling when it hasn't been enabled yet.
I'm Here A Lot

Was just confirmed by a chat agent that VoLTE isn't supposed to work with a Non-Rogers Pixel. Beyond disappointed.