WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

@shrander wrote:

You can try going to About, Updates, Check for updates.

If you don't force it to check it puts you in an update que of sorts. I never wait for it to "appear." I always go to "Check for update" on the day it's released.

Yes that i have done and normally it works. but for this ocassion it doesnt want to give it to me

I Plan to Stick Around

which settings menu is LATE in? and what is late?

I found in Ceullar network settings undered 'preferred network type' and only have 3 options. lte, 3g, 2g

I Plan to Stick Around

@Pixeluser123 wrote:
Did the trigger provisioning but no luck.

We're you able to get a non Rogers pixel registered pixel working? No need for Rogers to add your imei in their DB?

Just thought of something, were you on wifi when you first tried? I just tried (on beta) and first attempt did now work then i turned wifi off (again this could just be a beta issue)

I Plan to Stick Around

@gtehdan

The update last night now shows "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" in the cellular network settings. It's under Preferred network type, but above Access point names if you got the update.
I Plan to Stick Around

I used the above key and voice over LTE is enabled but others are not. And not able to toggle them
I Plan to Stick Around

@gtehdan wrote:

which settings menu is LATE in? and what is late?

I found in Ceullar network settings undered 'preferred network type' and only have 3 options. lte, 3g, 2g

That was LTE (Auto correct) 

Your settings should appear like the attached photoScreenshot_20170404-142603.png

I Plan to Stick Around

@shrander thanks. is 'enhaned 4g lte mode' what volte is? or just another feature?
I Plan to Stick Around

thanks! I just realized my update never completed, battery was too low when I did it. so stil on 7.1.1 Smiley Indifferent

doing the upgrade again now and will post back
I Plan to Stick Around

@gtehdan

It's all the same talk for the same feature. They're different settings on different devices. Some call it VOLTE, some call it "Enhanced LTE" but it's all the same.
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the update see the new enhanced 4g but still isn't working. Contacted Rogers to see if anything in the back end but they weren't any help and said new features can take a few days to get the bugs worked out. I did a speed test as well in case the icon just wasn't showing correctly but no luck. Not sure what else to do but wait.