WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

This could be good news for ViLTE video calls, a little pressure on the carriers from Google, or it could just mean we have to use Duo.

Making video calling easier on your Android phone

https://www.blog.google/products/duo/making-video-calling-easier-your-android-phone/

I Plan to Stick Around

Can someone at Rogers please explain to me why Rogers will not give the 1st generation Google Pixel WiFi calling? I see that it is coming out for the Google Pixel 2 line.

It can not be that the 1st generation can't manage WiFi calling, as friends on other networks have it on their 1st generation Pixel's. You support older iPhones (iPhone 5c, 5s, 6 or 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus) , Samsung (Galaxy S6, S6 edge, S6 edge+, S7, S7 edge) and LG Phones (G4, G5) with WiFi calling, so why not the 1st generation Pixel?

The Pixel line is suppose to be a flagship device for Google, the networks should fully support the entire line with flagship attributes.

Please help me understand? 

I've Been Around

The only reason I can think of why Rogers won't support Google Pixel and Pixel XL wifi calling is that there are very few people buying these phones in comparison with Apple/Samsung/LG and Rogers doesn't want to do the testing and support.  However, if Rogers starts supporting Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, then I really hope Rogers can also support 1st generation Pixel and XL.

I've Been Around

Rogers is the WORST. This phone is useless without WiFi Calling. They should make all of their Reps aware that it is not supported. What a joke.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We completely understand the frustration generated by the Wi-Fi Calling situation.

We will forward your comments to the appropriate party for review.

Thanks again for bringing this up to our attention.

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for acknowledging this issue.

As costumers who have committed to the Rogers network, we really should have all the flagship features, especially since we pay flagship prices for phones and service.

I look forward to hearing that us Pixel 1 owners will enjoy WiFi calling soon.
I Plan to Stick Around

What about update 8.1 for the pixel 1 XL. According to Google it's been released on December 5th. But I am unable to get it yet. Any ideas?
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi there,

so it's been almost 2 months now, any further progress in getting us Pixel 1 owners wifi calling?

I've Been Around

Moderators.. 

any update on the 1st Generation Pixel phone in getting the WifiC

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey Navneet879, 

Welcome to the Community & thank you for your post.

There is presently no change to the current availability to WiFi Calling for the 1st gen Pixel. We'll be sure to update the Community if anything changes. You can also keep an eye on our OS Upgrade Schedule to see whats in the pipeline.

Cheers,

RogersCilio