WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

I don't care anymore!!!
I complained loud and long enough that they are finally giving me a new phone. I am getting a new Galaxy S8+. I was promised that wifi calling and VoLTE would work. Let's hope there are no issues with this phone.
I've Been Here Awhile

yeah very dumb and CRTC should definitely look into

so what if you decide to move to another carrier later and they use the same practice but you want to keep your current phone and not buy a new one. You won't get access to VoLTE and wifi calling on their network

or say you send your phone back to the manufacturer for repair and they send you a new one because it can't be fixed. Rogers won't have the new IMEI so you're out of luck trying to get back on their VoLTE and wifi calling

or say a few years later you want to get a new phone but Rogers decide to sell the phone for $200 more than what getting it from another store. if you buy it there then you don't get VoLTE or wifi calling so you're essentially paying $200 extra for a feature the phone already has and support on their network but just because you got it from someone else you lose out on some included network features

I Plan to Stick Around

Google now has a 2nd generation of Pixel phones...will this make Rogers actually support WiFi calling for the Pixel line?? 

I've Been Here Awhile

Based on the technical specifications listed for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL on the Rogers website, it appears that WiFi calling will not be supported:

Connectivity

Wi-Fi Calling

No

VoLTE Support

Yes

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @msav999

I don't think they will be enabled to work on WiFi Calling with Rogers.
I Plan to Stick Around

#sad
I'm Here A Lot

Do you want to bet Google store purchased devices will not support even VoLTE?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ivanpetrov

Most likely won't unless somehow Level 2 techs are able to add the IMEI number and force it to work.
I Plan to Stick Around

I recently had my Pixel XL replaced by Google. I called Rogers about my VoLTE not working, they went through everything (except resetting my line) and they couldn't get it to work after adding the IMEI. I eventually reached an agent who was very sympathetic because he really liked smart phones. The agent contacted a manager and arranged to have my phone exchanged under warranty for one (refurbished, which is perfectly fine) that was in their system. I received the phone and still had no VoLTE. I called again, they reset the line and then it immediately started working.

I suggest if you have a warranty issue with your Pixel call Rogers instead of Google for the warranty and arrange for an advance exchange.
I've Been Here Awhile

wonder if it's the rogers device that did it for you or the line reset

Also for Pixel 2, on Fido's forum the mention it will have VoLTE support and WiFi support will be planned for it but yeah probably need to get the phone from Rogers/Fido