WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

@SWade wrote:
So I checked my phone using this code, and while the VoLTE switch is enabled, the video calling and WiFi calling we're not enabled. Correct me if my memory isn't serving me well today,but wasn't video calling one of the features advertised when VoLTE was being promoted? It was meant to give Android users something that iPhone users have had forever.
This also indicates to me that Rogers could make everyone very happy by flipping a couple switches in our configuration to enable video calling and WiFi calling.

That's done with an app, such as Facetime on iPhones.  There's Duo on Android, which does video calling.  It's also available for iPhones, but Facetime is strictly iPhone only.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Wifi calling and video calling can be used by third party apps but suppose to be integrated into the phone. My friend that has Rogers with a Samsung has video calling built in to phone dialer and it's also on Rogers website under volte features. But they seem to not unlock these features on all phone capable for some reason.

It's a real mess and they should have better support for this. My phone is from Rogers and volte has been working well for me but the lack of knowledge from Rogers employees is sad when I was getting support. The fact that google store pixel devices aren't working and Rogers isn't supporting it's features shouldn't be a issue.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@samin my Pixel XL that was bought from Google (because it wasn't available from Rogers) is updated and is showing VoLTE as provisioned however when calling it drops down to 3G which shows VoLTE is not working.

I called Rogers and they said they did add my IMEI to their database however the system is still detecting my phone as a non-Rogers - maybe that check is looking for something else too. I don't know.

The thing is I do have a perfectly good Pixel XL and I pay them monthly but they chose to not fix the problem (VoLTE doesn't work on my phone).

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks. That is a very useful code. Is there a list of these codes for other devices and other carriers?
Highlighted
I've Been Around

so i purchased a pixel xl direct from rogers the other day, made sure software was up to date with the build that released volte. It won't work. Everytime I make a call it drops from LTE to H. Any ideas?

Hi @pixel1,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

You've come to the right place.  Congrats on your new Pixel XL purchase btw! Can you confirm if you've enabled VoLTE in the settings? Do you receive any error messages when you attempt to activate?  I'm hoping the issue has been resolved since your last post, but please do let us know if you need further assistance!

Kind regards,

RogersShaun

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Has anyone had success getting wifi calling working?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If you are new to this forum, I suggest you go back and read most of the posts. You will soon realize that it is likely not going to happen any time soon. Sorry you didn't hear the news before you laid out all that money for an otherwise great phone.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @natewiebe13

As Swade said, unfortunately it may not work due to the limitations Rogers has at the moment.

It honesty is a great phone but having features like this blocked makes the phone useless for some.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@alanina wrote:

@samin my Pixel XL that was bought from Google (because it wasn't available from Rogers) is updated and is showing VoLTE as provisioned however when calling it drops down to 3G which shows VoLTE is not working.

I called Rogers and they said they did add my IMEI to their database however the system is still detecting my phone as a non-Rogers - maybe that check is looking for something else too. I don't know.

The thing is I do have a perfectly good Pixel XL and I pay them monthly but they chose to not fix the problem (VoLTE doesn't work on my phone).

I am on the same boat. Every time I place or get a call, phone falls back to 3G. "Phone info" (*#*#4636#*#*) now tells me the phone is provisioned for VoLTE (before that option was greyed out), but IMS service status tells me "IMS registration: Not Registered" and "Voice over LTE: Unavailable"

I wonder if they "add my IMEI" if that would make it work. How did you make them add your phone to their database?