WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

I am under contract with Rogers. How can I test to see if VoLTE and WiFi calling works?
I Plan to Stick Around

@Mythen wrote:
I am under contract with Rogers. How can I test to see if VoLTE and WiFi calling works?

Wifi Calling wont work as that hasn't been provisioned yet.

For VoLTE just make a phone call if it still says LTE along with your signal strength then its working. If it drops to HSPA then its not.

The whole HD things only works when both people have VoLTE

I Plan to Stick Around

Can tell you VoLTE does NOT work for me just because I did't buy my phone from Rogers. Smiley Sad
I Plan to Stick Around

Can we debunk this myth? There are NO LOCKED PIXEL phones (I called Google's customer service and checked with a friend who bought it from Rogers).

All it is is just an IMEI database Rogers keeps with the ones they sold.

Technically there's no block for them to support VoLTE on all Pixel phones they just don't want it. As simple as that.

I Plan to Stick Around

I think everybody is aware of that, I just wanna see what excuse they'll try to feed us.

They'll probably just wait till this dies down though, so it's our job to not let it.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well, I just had an interesting experience with customer support.

I initiated a live chat 2 days ago and since the person couldn't answer me, they said they would escalate the request and get back to me.

Then I received an e-mail saying my problem was fixed, which it wasn't because I still don't have VoLTE.

So I opened another live chat and the person first told me it was because the build numbers are different, to which I answered that it wasn't and that I could prove that my phone was on the same build number as theirs.  Then she basically told me to deal with it because this is how it is. (TLDR version, obviously).

I have a transcript of the conversation if anyone is interested.

I Plan to Stick Around

I phoned tech support  a couple days ago and got the same follow up email stating that my problem was fixed. It was a good thing that it was a do not reply email because a few choice words came to mind. Instead I started working on an open letter to Google and Rogers that I will likely post on Facebook or something. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I actually called Rogers customer service and talked to a Level 2 Technical manager (Paul) that tried to give the same narrative as the Level 1 customer representative and in the end the company - Rogers gives some of their subscribers the finger and just decides to not enable features that are perfectly supported.

They said they tried adding my IMEI to their database but the system is still seeing my phone as "non-Rogers" and thus the feature won't work.

I'm going to continue to try to bring this situation to the attention of some Rogers and Google management and if it doesn't get solved I'll just move.

There is no difference for me between Rogers or Bell or Telus LTE service.
I Plan to Stick Around

I would only miss RCS, but that's temporary I guess.  I would go right back to Videotron if they even knew what RCS is.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This is interesting 🤔

CRTC Bans Locked Cellphones and Unlocking Fees in Canada Starting Dec. 1 http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/crtc-ends-locked-cellphones/