WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

Actually i have an issue where calls don't come in when I have WiFi and VoLTE enabled. Rogers hasn't figured out the problem other than to turn VoLTE off (but they also say it's due to the fact that my phone doesn't have that feature)

Can you try again with VoLTE enabled?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I had wifi on with airplane mode. If I don't have airplane mode on then it doesn't really test wifi calling as it will just works through the carrier.

I haven't had issues with volte and wifi being on at the same time as I've had a few calls this morning and no issues sending or receiving.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Try going into a basement or something where you have no cell signal but have a wifi connection.

Test it that way. Airplane mode turns everything off
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Airplane Mode means *ALL* RF is turned off, in order to avoid interfering with aircraft systems.  What happens if you try a browser, for example, while on Airplane Mode?  Can't connect?  Thought so.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

K so it's just me. It's almost as if wifi calling is trying to kick in but then I don't have the service but only when enhanced 4g late service is on.

Turning it off helps but that's not the fix I'm looking for. Will try them again.
I Plan to Stick Around

I have cell signal in my basement. You can override wifi on airplane mode. Why do you think planes offer wifi?

I recommend you try it. Turn airplane mode on then turn you wifi back on.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think he was looking into wifi calling which sorry @gtehdan won't work. As it's not provisioned (it was in beta 1) and you still have to then input info to Rogers before it's enabled like they do on Samsung and iPhones
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What's the purpose of wifi calling anyways. If you have good cell service who cares lol
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, I don't have good cell service at home.  Also, many buildings have poor cell service when you get away from the windows.  Of course, if you're travelling, you can use your phone, without paying for roaming.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ah okay. That's very useful