cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

skip501
I plan to stick around

Does anyone have any information as to whether WiFi Calling and VoLTE will be supported on the Google Pixel? My Pixel is pretty much useless at home without these features. For a flagship, I am shocked that these features were not offered from the Pixel launch date.

***Edited Labels***

281 REPLIES 281

Re: WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

gtehdan
I plan to stick around
can you repost it or a link to it so I can give it a try? thanks

trimaican
I plan to stick around
In the service menu *#*#4636#*#*
Phone info - trigger carrier provisioning
Then wait a minute or so and check the IMS registration and see if it says Voice over LTE available

TSnell
I've been around

Got the uppdate, it shows that I have Volte, but how do I know if I have wifi calling? I cant figure out where to find that

trimaican
I plan to stick around
All signs say you don't. None of us do at the moment. Which is weird only because of the two members that posted they got texts from Rogers about wifi calling when it hasn't been enabled yet.

Was just confirmed by a chat agent that VoLTE isn't supposed to work with a Non-Rogers Pixel. Beyond disappointed.

trimaican
I plan to stick around
I would not take that as gospel by any means. Chat agents don't necessarily have that sort of information and may assume more than know on some stuff.

The agent tried adding my Imei to their system to register VOLTE and the system refused to accept my IMEI as it is non-rogers, so I fear the agent was right.

Itsdavef
I plan to stick around
The agent I talked to today said volte only works when calling other device with volte and Calling land lines doesn't support volte. So take agents with a grain of salt.

gtehdan
I plan to stick around
I have a no Rogers pixel I got from google .

Volte seems to be working. The network switches to H when making calls

Wifi calling doesn't work though

gtehdan
I plan to stick around
I got a text for wifi calling but probably because Rogers thinks I have a Galaxy s6 . I bought pixel from google

If it switches to H, it means it doesn't work in fact.

JKnott
I'm a reliable contributor

@Itsdavef wrote:
The agent I talked to today said volte only works when calling other device with volte and Calling land lines doesn't support volte. So take agents with a grain of salt.

I thought it was HD Voice that was limited to similar devices on Rogers.  Given that the world is moving to VoLTE, it would be a bit limiting if you couldn't call land lines etc..

Itsdavef
I plan to stick around
Yes they could of been mixing up the different technologies.

JKnott
I'm a reliable contributor

@Itsdavef wrote:
Yes they could of been mixing up the different technologies.

Probably.  VoLTE is essentially VoIP, which is commonly used these days to/from land lines and older cell techologies.

gtehdan
I plan to stick around
Oh. Thanks. What does H mean then? All I did was upgrade to 7.1.2 OTA and enhanced 4g lte and volte were enabled automatically.

H is for HSPA, which is 3G+ or 4G if you prefer, not LTE.

Bcsc
I plan to stick around
Count me in as the 3rd. I got that text Tuesday morning.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys

Everyone who had a previous phone that works on WiFi Calling got that text message. So unfortunately it wasn't meant for the Pixel if seems.

I am using a G4 at the moment ( until I get the S8+) and my G4 isn't eligible for the WiFi Calling but my iPhone 7 Plus was when I had it.

trimaican
I plan to stick around
Had to take the long route to get the official 7.1.2 but still have the same bug. For anyone that has the update and VoLTE working, can you do me a favor and turn on wifi, then after a minute try to call yourself from another phone?

For me the call goes no where just states that I'm unavailable not leaving an option for VM. Going to call tech support now that I'm on an official build.

gtehdan
I plan to stick around
Is that still an improvement over not having it?

trimaican
I plan to stick around
@gtehdan

Also try powering the device off and then back on (not a reset)