cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

skip501
I plan to stick around

Does anyone have any information as to whether WiFi Calling and VoLTE will be supported on the Google Pixel? My Pixel is pretty much useless at home without these features. For a flagship, I am shocked that these features were not offered from the Pixel launch date.

***Edited Labels***

281 REPLIES 281

Re: WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

Pixeluser123
I've been here awhile
Did the trigger provisioning but no luck.

We're you able to get a non Rogers pixel registered pixel working? No need for Rogers to add your imei in their DB?

Rogers just sent me a text message to my Pixel with tips on using their Wifi Calling service.

gtehdan
I plan to stick around

I got that text too but I think it is generic to all rogers phone users.

I have a pixel XL bought directly from google.  When I enter the setup menu *#*#4636#*#* and go to Phone Information I see switches for

Ceulluar Radio  Power

VoLTE Provisioned

Video Calling Provisioned

Wifi calling Provisioned

Celluar is enabled, the other 3 are disabled.  If I enable them they turn blue, but as soon as I exit the menu, and go back to the menu, they are disabled again.  same if I reboot the phone.  they disable every time I leave that screen

trimaican
I plan to stick around

@gtehdanis LTE enhanced services turned on in the settings? That should be turned on.

And I assume everyone is on 7.1.2 ( which I'm jealous of as it hasn't shown up for me and I don't have my cable to sideload it)

shrander
I plan to stick around

I also received the text. The update last night now shows "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" in the cellular network settings, but it does not show Wi-Fi calling yet.

shrander
I plan to stick around

You can try going to About, Updates, Check for updates.

If you don't force it to check it puts you in an update que of sorts. I never wait for it to "appear." I always go to "Check for update" on the day it's released.

trimaican
I plan to stick around

@shrander wrote:

You can try going to About, Updates, Check for updates.

If you don't force it to check it puts you in an update que of sorts. I never wait for it to "appear." I always go to "Check for update" on the day it's released.

Yes that i have done and normally it works. but for this ocassion it doesnt want to give it to me

gtehdan
I plan to stick around

which settings menu is LATE in? and what is late?

I found in Ceullar network settings undered 'preferred network type' and only have 3 options. lte, 3g, 2g

trimaican
I plan to stick around

@Pixeluser123 wrote:
Did the trigger provisioning but no luck.

We're you able to get a non Rogers pixel registered pixel working? No need for Rogers to add your imei in their DB?

Just thought of something, were you on wifi when you first tried? I just tried (on beta) and first attempt did now work then i turned wifi off (again this could just be a beta issue)

shrander
I plan to stick around
@gtehdan

The update last night now shows "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" in the cellular network settings. It's under Preferred network type, but above Access point names if you got the update.

Mythen
I plan to stick around
I used the above key and voice over LTE is enabled but others are not. And not able to toggle them

trimaican
I plan to stick around

@gtehdan wrote:

which settings menu is LATE in? and what is late?

I found in Ceullar network settings undered 'preferred network type' and only have 3 options. lte, 3g, 2g

That was LTE (Auto correct) 

Your settings should appear like the attached photoScreenshot_20170404-142603.png

gtehdan
I plan to stick around
@shrander thanks. is 'enhaned 4g lte mode' what volte is? or just another feature?

gtehdan
I plan to stick around
thanks! I just realized my update never completed, battery was too low when I did it. so stil on 7.1.1 😐

doing the upgrade again now and will post back

shrander
I plan to stick around
@gtehdan

It's all the same talk for the same feature. They're different settings on different devices. Some call it VOLTE, some call it "Enhanced LTE" but it's all the same.

Itsdavef
I plan to stick around
I have the update see the new enhanced 4g but still isn't working. Contacted Rogers to see if anything in the back end but they weren't any help and said new features can take a few days to get the bugs worked out. I did a speed test as well in case the icon just wasn't showing correctly but no luck. Not sure what else to do but wait.

gtehdan
I plan to stick around

@shrander

thanks.  Just finished the update.  Enhanced 4g LTE is now available in the settings and is enabled.  When I go to the secret settings menu *#*#4636#*#* VoLTE is now enabled already.

Is there a way to know whether this is working or not when making calls? or do we assume it is working because it is enabled?

Wifi Calling is still disabled/greyed out and I am not able to turn it on.

trimaican
I plan to stick around

visually your device should stay on LTE when you make a call.  Some calls when connected show a HD (or D) icon when connected

Mythen
I plan to stick around
When I make a call now it goes from LTE to H

trimaican
I plan to stick around
Sometimes you have to wait for one registration.

I listed a way to attempt to force that but it's not 100% proven just worked for me.

gtehdan
I plan to stick around
ya mine went LTE, to 3G then H when I made a call. so H or HD refers to the enhanced 4g lte?