cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

skip501
I plan to stick around

Does anyone have any information as to whether WiFi Calling and VoLTE will be supported on the Google Pixel? My Pixel is pretty much useless at home without these features. For a flagship, I am shocked that these features were not offered from the Pixel launch date.

***Edited Labels***

281 REPLIES 281

Re: WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Mythen

I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed that update out on Rogers after the S8. Unless they somehow release it before hand.

RNEric
I plan to stick around
VOLTE is now targeted for April.3.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RNEric

Good to see! Let's hope so.

trimaican
I plan to stick around
Looks like I have VoLTE enabled on 7.1.2.beta 2. Now before you go rushing to install beta software on the device, I can't get calls when on WiFi and the WiFi calling setting is not available on my device anymore. I think it's just a glitch with it being attempted to be turned on and Rogers not fully flipping the switch.

I recommend just waiting for the official release.

RNEric
I plan to stick around
Finally (:

RNEric
I plan to stick around
7.1.2 has officially released!!

jefflessard
I plan to stick around

Does it bring wifi calling or not?  Is voLTE working?

RNEric
I plan to stick around
Let see who tested it!!!

ndy4eva
I plan to stick around

I downloaded and flashed N2G47E (Pixel XL, 7.1.2 build).  It does have the 4G VoLTE (Enhanced 4G LTE Mode) option in the menu, but it falls back to HSPA during the call.  I'm guessing that Rogers has to work on something on their side.

Mythen
I plan to stick around

Ok so I have the 7.1.2 update.  but under setting on the phone app there are no additional settings., or anything VoLTE.  How can I tell if it enabled

trimaican
I plan to stick around

@Mythen wrote:

Ok so I have the 7.1.2 update.  but under setting on the phone app there are no additional settings., or anything VoLTE.  How can I tell if it enabled

not under phone settings.

go to settings - more - cellular networks (Enhanced 4G LTE Mode)

There was a way i got it forced enabled on the beta but dont have the official version yet to test.

Mythen
I plan to stick around

Enhanced 4G LTE Mode I assume that is it?  Also I assume your data has to be enabled for that to work? or does it work over wifi too?

trimaican
I plan to stick around

@Mythen wrote:

Enhanced 4G LTE Mode I assume that is it?  Also I assume your data has to be enabled for that to work? or does it work over wifi too?

correct on data. i dont belive this update included wifi calling but again i don't have it hopefully someone else can confirm.

ndy4eva
I plan to stick around

@ndy4eva wrote:

I downloaded and flashed N2G47E (Pixel XL, 7.1.2 build).  It does have the 4G VoLTE (Enhanced 4G LTE Mode) option in the menu, but it falls back to HSPA during the call.  I'm guessing that Rogers has to work on something on their side.

Okay, it's working now.  VoLTE works.  Maybe Rogers backend needed some time to get it registered or something.  With Enhanced 4G LTE mode on, the phone call stays at LTE connection.  Now, let's try to get WiFi calling working. 

trimaican
I plan to stick around
Can you check and confirm that calls come through when you are on wifi and have voLTE enabled?

Mythen
I plan to stick around

@trimaican wrote:
Can you check and confirm that calls come through when you are on wifi and have voLTE enabled?

How would you check this?

Itsdavef
I plan to stick around
You can go *#*#4636#*#* to bring up a hidden menu on your dialer. Click on phone information and you will see volte is provisioned but video and wifi are not so I dont think wifi calling will work yet.

Edit the code*

Mythen
I plan to stick around

@Itsdavef wrote:
You can go *#*#4636#*#* to bring up a hidden menu on your dialer. Click on phone information and you will see volte is provisioned but video and wifi are not so I dont think wifi calling will work yet.

Edit the code*

Confirmed.   VoLTE is enabled but video and wifi calling are not.  

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around
I see all of the VOLTE options that were described but my Pixel XL still falls back to 3g/HSPA when I make a call. This is with the latest 7.1.2 update.

took the update last night and have "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" ON.  did the code sequence mentioned earlier and can can see volte provisioned, but Volte doesn't see to be activated for my phone.

Note: my Pixel is from Google directly, not Rogers. Tested it and during call, still drops down to HSPA/3G

So wondering if anyone here has a non-Rogers Pixel with working Volte.

Can someone also confirm if IMS registration is required for VOLTE, pretty sure its required.

Thanks

trimaican
I plan to stick around
Yes I believe so as that's how I got it working on the beta (thinking otherwise you just have to wait)

In the service menu *#*#4636#*#*
Phone info - trigger carrier provisioning
Then wait a minute or so and check the IMs registration