cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

skip501
I plan to stick around

Does anyone have any information as to whether WiFi Calling and VoLTE will be supported on the Google Pixel? My Pixel is pretty much useless at home without these features. For a flagship, I am shocked that these features were not offered from the Pixel launch date.

***Edited Labels***

281 REPLIES 281

Re: WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

RNEric
I plan to stick around
NOF26W is the newest available firmware; see if it actually enables VOLTE for your Pixel / Pixel XL.

Eliah
I've been here awhile
Is Wi-Fi Calling also enabled?

jase036
I've been here awhile

From what I understand Rogers is an international carrier partner with Google -to the point that Rogers gets the exclusive rights to the really blue Pixel in Canada. Google says that the Pixel is VoLTE ready, but it has to partner with the carriers to configure the network. So, Rogers partners with Google, but only to sell phones, and not for making advanced features built in to the phones available to customers?

I had a S7 Edge (bought from Rogers) that had VoLTE and Wifi calling but didn't work well with the Rogers network (LTE connection would drop and eventually all connectivity would go -only fix was to reboot) and now I have a Pixel that has LTE but no wifi calling or VoLTE even though the functionality is built into the phone.

Way to go Rogers... Smiley Frustrated

trimaican
I plan to stick around
http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/02/17/google-pixel-volte-support-coming-soon-rogers/

Guessing 7.1.2 will be the update as the option is in the settings on the beta but doesn't do anything currently.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

As per the official OS Upgrade Schedule Thread, Rogers will provide the VOLTE and security updates on tHe next update coming for both Pixel and Pixel XL. It shows Coming soon though.

Stay tuned for more information and I'll post more!

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/OSUpgrades/thread-id/1

JKnott
I'm a reliable contributor

Does that update include WiFi calling?  I have poor cell coverage in my home and WiFi calling would be a big improvement.

tnx jk

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JKnott

I haven't heard that for the update but once I get information I will get that information I will post it for u :).

RNEric
I plan to stick around
Anyone loaded the new NOF27C for your Pixel (March update)?

ndy4eva
I plan to stick around

Why don't you try it yourself?  Smiley Wink

I'm downloading it right now, and report back after the update. 

Just updated to March (Rogers) version, but no VoLTE support. 😞

RNEric
I plan to stick around
I don't have one on hand ; we are all waiting for your update!!

jase036
I've been here awhile
I have installed update on my XL and I can confirm no VoLTE or wifi calling...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ndy4ave @RNEric

Unfortunately there is no VOLTE on the update. That should be coming out soon from what i have been told.

RNEric
I plan to stick around
Thanks for the user updates!

Mythen
I plan to stick around

Just received March 5th security updates to my Pixel XL.  Build # NOF27C     Anyone have any idea if this is the VoLTE update?

Mythen

RNEric
I plan to stick around
It is not enabled as per above users.

Mythen
I plan to stick around

I guess I need to learn to read lol.  How would we know that we got VOLTE on our Pixel

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Mythen

The update for VOLTE isn't out yet. Should be coming soon.

The update will let u know what it will have as for new features and also it will have it in the settings under the Phone app.

Mythen
I plan to stick around

Thanks @Meowmix for the info.  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Mythen

You are welcome 🙂

Tzfardaya
I've been around
Looks like they may be included the Android 7.1.2 beta from January, but I just tried to set up Rogers wifi calling (an option in the settings) but Rogers refuses to accept my phone... "Unfortunately your device isn't eligible for Rogers Wi-Fi Calling. Please reach us if you have any questions at rogers.com/contactus"

Haven't tested volte (I expect it's part of the "enhanced 4g lte mode" bundle in the settings)

Again, I'm part of the 7.1.2 beta testing... This is not the latest 7.1.1 March patch

Mythen
I plan to stick around
Based on previous history. I suspect to see 7.1.2 live on April 5th. That is when we will see VoLTE functionality IMO